PDA

View Full Version : 06er hesitation and dieing issues

animal1
10-03-2006, 04:55 PM
my 06 has been acting up...when you get on it alot of the time it will hesitate a second and then go. if its not this problem bothering me then the other one is. alot of time when i go wide open in the mid rpms the quad will just straight up die. any ideas?:confused:

GPracer2500
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Your jetting needs to be sorted.

animal1
10-03-2006, 05:44 PM
what could be up with it. im completley stock and this problem started about 2 weeks ago. about 20 hours on the quad. ive had it since may.

Coolidge
10-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Do you still have airbox lid on? Mine did the same when I removed lid, and had not done jetting yet. Also, low-idle can cause a "hesitate & die" situation (at take-off)

animal1
10-03-2006, 06:20 PM
i got my airbox lid on yes. when i did take it off before all these problems it didnt want to run very well without it. so its been on since then. the idle already has been turned up a lil but the hesitation is off the start and when it does die it wont until mid rpms and more then half throttle. i hate this

ghott
10-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Dirty air cleaner?
Dirty carb?

Have you messed with the A/F mixture screw on the bottom of the carb?

animal1
10-03-2006, 11:13 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: well it doesnt even matter now because when i came home tonight i found my quad was taken apart and all they took was 4 bolts. two for the top on the gas tank and the two that go on the side of the air box. now i had to file a police report and all that and i have a quad in pieces that i didnt take apart. getting it back together wouldnt be a problem if i would know what tubes go where. all the breathers and such. now im really lost and cant even work on the origial problem at hand.

10-04-2006, 05:19 AM
got to www.albaaction.com and look a the parts diagrams for parts locations. once you get it back together, buy a 42 leak jet anda install that in place of the stock 70. that will take care of your hesitation.

how long did you run with your air box lid off? these bikes are already lean from the factory. they are borderline too lean. if you ran like that for awhile, you may have done some internal damage, or even got something caught in the main jet. the first step would be to clean your carb before you reassemble from the "unplanned teardown".

one thing you may need to do is adjust your valve lash(or adjust your valves). i am not sure of the procedure on this for a 450r yet, but mine will need done soon so i will be looking into it.

good luck

GEARSMOKER
10-04-2006, 05:20 AM
check your valves.from what the dealer told us,the 06's have titanium valves,that need adjustment/replacement more often.they also stated quote "if you're racing,you should be replacing the valves once a season" wtf?? sounds a little fishy to me.why would honda do such thing? any other people heard or been told this?

Colby@C&DRacing
10-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by GEARSMOKER
check your valves.from what the dealer told us,the 06's have titanium valves,that need adjustment/replacement more often.they also stated quote "if you're racing,you should be replacing the valves once a season" wtf?? sounds a little fishy to me.why would honda do such thing? any other people heard or been told this?

Honda used titanium for performance they allow the motor to rev quicker but the down fall is they wear out faster than a stainless steel valve. We have had to replace the intake valves on our 06 already have had it 1 year.

GEARSMOKER
10-04-2006, 09:41 AM
nice.thanks for the confirm:)

Flodies400ex
10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by GEARSMOKER

yea my dealer told me 3 days ago I dont have to get anythign adjusted intell 100hr and I was like yea right to my self after I came back back from college

animal1
10-04-2006, 12:39 PM
thanks for everything so far...i better get to work

animal1
10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
...got it back together today she starts she runs...weird thing now is the originol reason i made this post...the starter problem, hesitation and dieing anytime you give it more then half throttle...well now that i got it runnin today starter works fine, no hesitation, no dieing issues...any ideas what they could been caused by? air/fuel? idle?

GEARSMOKER
10-06-2006, 04:51 AM
probly those valves.if they weren't seating properly, you could never have proper seal or combustion(compression),thus it wouldn't start,and if it did, you'd have running isssues. sounds like that was the ticket though.