PDA

View Full Version : help! what did i do?

garretthinojosa
10-03-2006, 03:17 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/garretthinojosa/DSCF2250.jpg

i got some type of liquid on my swingarm when i was riding, it appeared like brakefluid, or oil.....
have any of yall had this problem, if so it there a way i can get it off?

johnsoninc86
10-03-2006, 06:11 PM
looks to me like battery acid. Check your battery box, it sits right above there. If not that, check the brake line, but, if you still had back brake pressure, then its definately not that. I put my money on battery acid judging from the way it looks like it dripped down onto the swingarm.

garretthinojosa
10-03-2006, 06:24 PM
yep your right it came from the battery, do any of yall know of a way i can get it off?

johnsoninc86
10-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I would try either some simple green to start out with, if that doesnt work, try some Goof Off, then if that doesnt work, try some fine grit sandpaper.

jonboy
10-03-2006, 07:02 PM
If you have a local auto paint store like PPG you may see if they have an Aluminum cleaner/brightener. I got a gallon of stuff called DuraGloss that cleans up aluminum very well. If you use it you'll want to let it foam up and turn white and then hose it off with water after about 1min. It is very important that you rinse it all off or else it could start to eat up the aluminum.

comrad
10-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Get some prep clean or something of the kind.