PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the bahamas

Mxjunkie
10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
About a month ago I entered to win a 2005 ford mustang GT, 2nd prize was a trip to the bahamas, I picked up my phone and the lady was like Hi Josh bla bla remeber the exton mall when you entered to win a mustang and the running up prize was a trip for two to the Bahamas and she said congratulations Josh your going to the Bahamas I was like :eek2:

I'ts a 4 day, 3 night trip all we have to pay is to get down to ft. lauderdale and back.. it's a 6 hour cruise from there and you can pick from either the palm island resort or something else its island resort too

Soo I'm going to go call and make the reservations

I'm gonna let my Step mom and Dad go since it's a 2 person trip.. I'm going to surprise them when they get home from work, they both work 75 hour weeks so they need a break! :)

Maybe they'll take me to breezewood a couple time's before it gets cold :p :blah:

gbcap
10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
i have a match box mustang ill trade ya for that trip?

lucky dog.

only time i ever win those trips its to go to mytrle beach or something but you have to sit thru 6 hour seminars on time shares you can buy for "soooo cheap" but they don't tell you about the 20k maintence fee every year to keep it up.

have fun on your trip.

10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
How are you gonna get your quad on the plane?

Mxjunkie
10-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by garandman
How are you gonna get your quad on the plane?

lol idk its a cruise but I'm sure if the Bahamas allowed quad's my dad and my step mom would take it with them :p

Scro
10-03-2006, 01:50 PM
sweet - it's pretty cool you're letting you parents go on it:macho

Or.....I could drive up there, pick you up, drive you back down to Fort Lauderdale. Then you pay me with the second ticket on the cruise ;). That way it wouldn't cost you a dime...sounds like a plan to me:D

Raptor68
10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
One thing though...the taxes you are gonna have to pay on that trip are OUTRAGEOUS. My mom once won a trip for four to Walt Disney World, all expenses paid, but due to time conflicts, we couldn't use it. Yet we still had to pay like 1400 in taxes for it...made her wish she never even won the contest.

yellowzo3
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
awesome man! thats cool of you to do. let us know what their reactions are!!

tp300ex
10-03-2006, 09:05 PM
ive been...awsome place....but man do the drinks cost some money!

bluebaron
10-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I know the real reason you are giving it to your parents is to throw a killer party when they're gone! haha jk, tthat is really nice of you to do that.;)

knighttime
10-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
One thing though...the taxes you are gonna have to pay on that trip are OUTRAGEOUS. My mom once won a trip for four to Walt Disney World, all expenses paid, but due to time conflicts, we couldn't use it. Yet we still had to pay like 1400 in taxes for it...made her wish she never even won the contest.

yeah, if its too good to be true, it is. i hope this works out, but it sound like a scam

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Thats cool that your going to let your parents go.

Yes the drinks on the cruise do cost money. I am going on a cruise in January :D

knighttime
10-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Thats cool that your going to let your parents go.

Yes the drinks on the cruise do cost money. I am going on a cruise in January :D

yeah, beer is $4, but thats with the tip, and all your food is included in the price you paid, and they serve food 24 hours a day, and the boats are full of hot women :eek2:

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
yeah, beer is $4, but thats with the tip, and all your food is included in the price you paid, and they serve food 24 hours a day, and the boats are full of hot women :eek2:

Too bad I am going with the woman:(
:devil:

Grant Casey
10-04-2006, 03:23 AM
i hope u have a nice trip "Mxjunki"

cheers

Aceman
10-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Too bad I am going with the woman:(
:devil:

Don't let her catch you "staring.":p

insaneracin2003
10-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
Don't let her catch you "staring.":p
i see a new set of big sunglasses in your future:cool:

insaneracin2003
10-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
i see a new set of big sunglasses in your future:cool:
but anyways,that is a great thing to do Josh

Quad18star
10-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Josh , just make sure it's a legit thing and not a scam .

I entered to win a trip once at an outdoor convention and got a call a few days later saying I was the winner . Funny thing was , that my buddies got the same phone call all saying they had won the trip also .

Turns out there's a LOT of little hidden fees that all add up in the end , and basically they make you pay for the trip through all these fees .

I'm not sure if you had to pay money for a ticket to enter this draw , but paying for a ticket is the only way I'd ever trust someone that told me I won a trip .

Think about it .... who or what company gives out random trips for free ( ie. you don't pay for a ticket to enter the draw) ??

I have yet to see 1 legitimate company do so .

Just food for thought !!!!

killen them all
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
think if she said josh you just won a 2005 mustang gt