PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Pappy?!?!

eldercyclerep
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Well i tried my first two stage powder job i think it turned out fairly well. I can notice some spots where i didn't apply the coat as thick but overall it turned out good. Took me and hour to do this. lol :o

Pappy
10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Practice and more practice. Its hard when you dont have someone standing there to show you what your doing right and wrong. But if you stick with it, through trial and error you will figure it all out and be doing it like a pro in no time. I still make stupid mistakes, sometimes the equipment screws up, noone is perfect. Just dont be so critical at first and you will soon figure out what you can and cant do!

eldercyclerep
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
i tell you this much after this i have alot of respect for you who does this everyday for a living. I have been doing small things on my bike nothing really major and i think i learned more by doing it by myslef than i could ever by reading a book or watching a movie.

Pappy
10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I read the books, it gave me a technical understanding but the application was something that you just have to get a feel for. Even then, it varies from powder to powder and part to part. If you do it long enough you start seeing mistakes before they happen and then you can start progressing.

eldercyclerep
10-03-2006, 08:35 PM
ya i have notice diffeence in powder. I bought some cheap stuff off ebay and it was a pain in the butt to get it to stick in some areas and then i bought me some from columbia and it was very easy to apply.