PDA

View Full Version : first race

One_Bad_400
09-03-2002, 02:48 PM
RACED MY FIRST MX RACE LAST SATURDAY!!!!

it was AWSOME! I went to Heber Springs, Arkansas to go to the lake, and I saw the track on the way there, so i stopped to look, and the owner told me that races started at six that night, so I called my mom and she loaded up my Z and lil bro's 250EX and we raced. we both raced in 4 stroke beginner, so we were in the same class, i think there were 5 other guys in the class, all of them were 400ex's, then me on my Z, then my lil bro on his 250(lol) I was gonna let him ride my 400EX but he's not good enough on it yet to race it. but anyway.....I didn't win, but for my first ever race I think I did pretty good, and I had A LOT of fun!!!! I had the ONLY Z there, it was cool, cause everybody was lookin at me, sayin "i heard those are supposed to be bad ***." I got more air than I ever have on any jump, so that was cool, and it was the most tiring thing I've done in a long time, I was wore out at the end, and I've ridden for 6 1/2 hours straight before.

I am definitely going to start racing more often, for anyone that hasn't you need to, it is amazing.

some of ya'll might have been up there, cause there were plenty of 400ex's.

09-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Thats cool. Racing is an awesome thing. How big did u go?

Razorback
09-03-2002, 03:11 PM
that's great man! it's an addicting sport. the more you do it, the more you'll like it.

One_Bad_400
09-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer
How big did u go?

the biggest jump I would estimate to be about 75 feet, but I didn't quite clear it, though I came REALLY close, and the next biggest jump was about 50 feet, and it sent you a lot higher that the longer one, and I did clear it. but those weren't the hard part, the hard part was all the doubles that you had to be going to perfect speed to clear. at first I was just rollin' them, but then after a little practice I was clearing them pretty easily, unless there was somebody slow in front of me, lol

Razorback
09-03-2002, 05:38 PM
watch out for those people in front of you! i know from experience that it can end up very bad :eek:

mxriderona400ex
09-03-2002, 05:46 PM
hey razor bak u goin 2 the tqra this saturday??the 7th.ill be there

One_Bad_400
09-03-2002, 08:11 PM
what is tqra???

_ _ _ _ _ _ quad racing association....something like that???

Buzzsaw
09-05-2002, 10:30 PM
texoma quad racing association (tqra)

http://www.tqra.com/