PDA

View Full Version : Its that time of the season again...

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 09:22 AM
FLU!!
COLDS!

I swear elementary aged kids are litle germ sponges!:grr:
Since Aug., I have managed to get Bronchitis,Flu,Ear infction,Sinus infection,Strep.... and now ... the FLU!(( think)!!:scary:
I have always passed up the Flu/pneumoina shots, but this year- I think Ill get one!:ermm:

CRich[814]
10-03-2006, 09:30 AM
im home from school today because my throat is sore. hope its not mono cause thats floating around my school really bad.

krt400ex
10-03-2006, 09:35 AM
i have only been sick like 4 times the sicknesses u described and i am 15. i have no conditions of any sort and i am 100% healthy. its funny cuz my family gets sick alot, but never me. i guess i am just lucky or somethin. :confused:

ny300exrider
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
funny you bring that up, today was the first day i've felt sick for Months. got the good ole headache,flem in throat,stuffy nose,sneeze like crazy cold. i think i will have to cure it by treating myself to some much needed new mods for the 450!

Mxjunkie
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I've been sick for about 2 weeks now, I'm getting about sick and tired of blowing my nose every 10 minutes :(

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I'm getting about sick and tired of blowing my nose every 10 minutes :(
Me too! :mad:

bwamos
10-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I work at an engineering firm from 5:30am to 3:00pm everyday.. then I work at an elementary school from 3:45pm - 6:30pm each evening.

Been working at the elementary school for just over a year... and since that point my body's been on a constant battle to fight off illnesses.

I went years without a cold before starting there.. since I started there, I've never had a single day at 100%.. lol.

Kids are Germ Sponges.. and schools are like giant petri dishes at room temperature, lol.

10-03-2006, 12:53 PM
my daughter is in kindergarten. it started 4 weeks ago and for the last 3 weeks, her and i have been passing various sicknesses back and fourth to each other. neither of us ever really caught colds or the flu before, now we can't shake them. damn elementary school petri dishes...oh well, all just part of being a loving father...

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I went years without a cold before starting there.. since I started there, I've never had a single day at 100%.. lol.

I used to be the same way! LOL... I think I went a couple years w/o even getting the flu

I think we keep pretty busy too and I dont get rested maybe as well as I should ,so Im sure that is a factor too.

Stevie-D
10-03-2006, 05:35 PM
one of my friends has a daughter that started school this year. the poor girl has missed almost as many days as shes been there cause of being sick. she has never been this bad before..

MotoX3
10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Same thing has happened in football as usual. At our JV games we get about 30 cups for 4 quarters and 20 some players....needless to say if one guy has something....someone else is likely to get it:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
one of my friends has a daughter that started school this year. the poor girl has missed almost as many days as shes been there cause of being sick. she has never been this bad before..

All the strains going around are alot tougher for people to fight off.:(

10-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I'm getting about sick

The irony...But I haven't got sick yet. I even have a friend that'll do a 360 just to sneeze on me. I guess I'm the equivalent of Superman but with germs. :macho

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
I a, just getting over my Flu:) Been sick for 2 weeks and now I am just down to a cough