PDA

View Full Version : Do it yourself porting

airheadedduner
09-03-2002, 02:47 PM
Does anyone here port there own 2 stroke engines?? I found some awesome step by step info and was thinking about tryin it cause I know where I can get a stock cylinder givin to me. Any info anyone could supply would be great.

SandTrix
09-03-2002, 03:31 PM
I do my own port work, and all I can say is you better know your ****. If not that motor will never even run decent, must less good. If it were a 4 stroke I would say give it a shot and take it easy, but with the 2 stroke you better have a very good knowledge of what you are digging into, primarily in the timing of the engine.

nakomis0
09-03-2002, 05:22 PM
Just open it up a small amount, and obviously when you do it, try and make the air flow less restrictive. You shouldn't have much of a problem unless you get crazy and start removing alot of metal.

stocktires
09-03-2002, 05:57 PM
I'd say just polish the ports up and remove any casting flaws.
But if you wana learn about porting, go to macdizzy's website

BS300ex5
09-03-2002, 08:14 PM
i jes put a port and polish on my 315 myself and it aint to bad for the performance we jes opened up the ports a lil bit and ground out some lips and casting flaws on the intake and exhaust port

09-03-2002, 09:05 PM
How about for the 4ooex?

Anyone know where to remove from and how much?

Not just clean up info but how to do it right?

airheadedduner
09-04-2002, 03:49 PM
I got the info off Macdizzy and another site. It is step by step from mapping the clyinder, figureing exhaust duration, the whole works.