PDA

View Full Version : (HELP) Loosing sand drags

akskidoo
10-03-2006, 04:02 AM
I need help figuring out what is going wrong with my LTR. I thought I had it set up pretty well with the CB, Full DMC Afterburner exhaust, proflow with 2 stage foam- lid removed, Dobeck set up as per directions, 20" sand paddles, and a 13 tooth front sprocket. My problem is my LTR lost consistently to my friends bike with various riders on both. He was running a CB, baffle out of the exhaust, and 20" sand paddles. He did not have the lid off his air box and was running his stock gearing. I am not looking to be the King of the hill, but for what I have done I was hoping for little better performance than what I got. Any Ideas??

bwamos
10-03-2006, 07:12 AM
Loosing in 100m drag, or on the top end. His will ahve more top speed.. but yours should accelerate faster.

OKTRX450R
10-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Same tires? You stated same size but are the same brand too? Same thickness of rims?

Have you put the 14T back on and verified the outcome?

AL Elks
10-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Also the aftermarket filter did absolutely nothing for you. I put in the Trinity kit and cut my airbox and gained nothing at all because the filter is so small.

FUELATV is coming out with an airbox eliminator in about 3 weeksthat will give the LTR the room it needs to breathe. I have one on order.

From what I understand it is a very large filter. On the dyno it gained 3hp over the stock as well as the Trinity with the airbox cut. With the airbox completely removed he did get 1 more hp out of the Trinity than the stock airfilter. The Trinity setup I bought was a waste of money. :mad:

hard one
10-03-2006, 06:13 PM
I was having trouble up top i could beat almost anythig till 4th then i just got past so i put a pipe and other stuff and a 15 tooth front sproket higher tops speed with little excel lost!

PRACTICE your hole shots you shuld have your front end off the ground till third but not too high about an inch. then if you have sand tires you need tolean forward at the end so the tires dont slow you down! it works for me