PDA

View Full Version : problems starting

97blaster200
10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
hey guys i have problems starting my shee.. the motor is all stock. do you think i need a top end? it will eventually start, but i can never get it started...i either have to bump start it or get my brother to kick it over.

once its warmed up though, it will start first kick. can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

firefighterjosh
10-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Change the spark plugs firsts. Prally why.

Does it feel like it has the same compression?

Hope it wasn't them shocks I sold you
:scary:

97blaster200
10-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Change the spark plugs firsts. Prally why.

Does it feel like it has the same compression?

Hope it wasn't them shocks I sold you
:scary:

lol...it wasnt the shocks:D

it feels like it has the same compression. i changed the plugs, same thing. i duno wtf is wrong with it. do you guys think i need a top end?

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Airfilter Clean?
Maybe a Reed is broke? Or wore out?

If you take off your carbs and reed cage you can look inside the cyclinder and see the piston from the intake. If you see dark colored streaks down the side of the piston or pistons then you prally need a new topend. Also check your reeds while you have it off.

97blaster200
10-03-2006, 04:19 AM
alright thanks, did you get my money order yet? and i didnt even put the shocks on yet...lol :D

firefighterjosh
10-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
alright thanks, did you get my money order yet? and i didnt even put the shocks on yet...lol :D

No I didn't...Be careful. The gremlins from my quad might have traveled to you:scary:

97blaster200
10-03-2006, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
No I didn't...Be careful. The gremlins from my quad might have traveled to you:scary:

haha...lmk when you get the mo ney order.

Mxjunkie
10-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Try this.. Take your air filter off and see if it start's easyier.. your filter MAY be dirty but since it's a stock filter it's hard to tell sometimes..

bansheerider4
10-03-2006, 02:28 PM
mine did the same thing all i did was cleaned the air filter changed the spark plugs then it started up on second kick everytime

97blaster200
10-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider4
mine did the same thing all i did was cleaned the air filter changed the spark plugs then it started up on second kick everytime

alright thanks, ill try that!

fast raptor
10-03-2006, 04:51 PM
my banshee does the same thing, it realy piss's me off, mine must be somthing in the carbs tho because if i spray a bit of gas in the carbs it starts right up,

97blaster200
10-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by fast raptor
my banshee does the same thing, it realy piss's me off, mine must be somthing in the carbs tho because if i spray a bit of gas in the carbs it starts right up,

hmmm...maybe ill try that too...what do you use to spray the carbs with?

fast raptor
10-03-2006, 06:53 PM
you can use alot of things, even a tin can will work, but what i found worked the best was a fairly big seringe and squirt it in the carbs!

Mxjunkie
10-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Another thing I just remebered, your pilolt jet's sometime's they get clogged with dirt and sluge, be very CAREFUL doing this.. take a piece of copper wire and clean the pilot out, what ever you do dont break the copper in the pilot, very very hard to get out :o

firefighterjosh
10-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Another thing I just remebered, your pilolt jet's sometime's they get clogged with dirt and sluge, be very CAREFUL doing this.. take a piece of copper wire and clean the pilot out, what ever you do dont break the copper in the pilot, very very hard to get out :o

I take it you've done this before lol.

Mxjunkie
10-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah I've done it countless times cause I'm picky as hell with my quad so I constantly check up on everything :o

97blaster200
10-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Yeah I've done it countless times cause I'm picky as hell with my quad so I constantly check up on everything :o

your not picky...you just have ALOT of free time....haha