PDA

View Full Version : brake light on 400ex

lost boyz
10-02-2006, 07:20 PM
i have a 2000 400ex what i want to know i seen people convert there brake light to really make it look like a brake light..
meaning when they hit the brakes it brightens up just like a car does...

does anyone have the idea on how this is done...

and NO im not buying the convertion kit off ebay...1st off i hate ebay and to cheap to buy it and it might only be a wire that needs to be added...lol

if any one has a idea on how its done feel free to let me know...
thanks

quadracer505
10-09-2006, 07:23 PM
have you done a search I remember reading a artical about it once. they used a z400 front brake set up to get the senser but I don't know about the rear.

10-10-2006, 06:11 AM
the kit off of ebay is worth it...in a way...because it is a nice package and ready to bolt on...i had one of his(john at ok powersports) first kits he had sold on ebay. that was over 3 years ago, before he had the front brakes also activating the light.

here is what you need:
wiring...enough to run from the front brakes, along the frame to the back brakes and then to the battery and to the rear tail light.

switches, both for front and back brakes

2 bulbs and sockets to add into your exisitng tail light.

if you are using a mechanincal switch for the rear, you will need to make a holder for it and have a spring to connect it to the pedal.

it grounds where the toobox bolts to the sub-frame...here is an album of pics:

pics of 1999-2004 400ex brake light mod (http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1694326)

10-10-2006, 06:12 AM
maybe i should get better pics with my new camera...it takes close ups better

JOEX
10-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I used an LED light from a newer quad and banjo bolt switches.

Mechanical switches can be used instead. The little black switch (box) on the stock clutch lever can be fitted on the front brake lever.