PDA

View Full Version : White Brother Pro Mag?

09-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have the White Bros Pro Mag pipe. Give me you thoughts and opinions on it!! Thanks for your time!

kc 300EX
09-03-2002, 03:21 PM
I have one on my 300EX, it looks exactly like the regular e-series. The only difference is its WAY better!
There is more power compared to the regualr e-series, and it sounds a lot nicer, theres a big difference. Its more money but definetly worth it, I highly reccomend it.

MeatHead
09-03-2002, 06:11 PM
I have one with a head pipe on my 300EX, and I would agree it is great. It makes the 300 like a whole new machine. And it does sound really good. Plus it has the USFS approved spark arrester, so all I have to worry about is the sound checks. Man I hope I pass the sound checks.:macho

09-08-2002, 10:24 AM
Well thanks guys. It should be here with in the next couple of days. I cant wait to see what it will do.

Chris

MeatHead
09-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Well, I didn't have to worry about sound checks at Silver Lake. There wasn't even anyone at the dune entrance checking for spark arrestors. But for my own comfort I think I will be wearing ear plugs. Man that pro-meg exhaust is loud. I was able to climb every dune out there, much easier than before. The extra power from the pro-meg was great. But I was only able to ride for about 3 hours. The welds on the grab bar broke. The welds that hold the whip mount on. So other than not being able to mount a whip the grab bar is in great shape. If I ever get around to resizing the pic, I'll post it.

zephead400ex
09-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Seeming how you got the WB E-Series Pro Meg silencer, it probably came with the header. Right? Did you, or should you use any type of gasket or sealant before bolting the headers on? I ordered the Pro Meg complete system for Rocky Mountain and should be here tomorrow or Wednesday and I want to know if I need to put any type sealant on before the headpipe!
Thanks!

MeatHead
09-09-2002, 07:24 PM
The head pipe was a seperate order for the 300. It did not come with the muffler packing or the head pipe gasket. So I had to buy those seperate. It actually seems to fit BETTER than the stock head pipe. The only problem is the head pipe does not have a heat sheild on it, so it gets really hot.

zephead400ex
09-09-2002, 08:20 PM
So I will need to get some Anit-Seize/High Temp Lube? Do most local bike shops have that or is there something I else I can use for the time being?

MeatHead
09-09-2002, 08:42 PM
I don't think so. You should only need some if you are going to mess with the disks. Plus my Pro-Meg came with a SMALL tube of anti-seize. By muffler packing, I am refering to the gasket type tube that slides in between the head pipe and the silencer. This is the one that was expensive. It was $13.00 at the stealer here in MI. The head pipe gasket that is at the head was only $1.50.

zephead400ex
09-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Alright, I understand the muffler packing. Am I understanding this correctly....you got a gasket for $1.50 to go between headpipe and the cylinder head? I have read that you need to put anti-seize between the headpipe and silencer and also between the headpip and the cylinder head.? Correct me if I'm wrong, just want to do it right the first time!!

thanks meathead!

MeatHead
09-10-2002, 08:34 AM
Well the exploded view on Servicehonda.com calls it a muffler gasket, but the service manual calls it a muffler packing. That is what goes between the head pipe and the silencer. On the 300EX there is only one head pipe gasket and it is $2.08 on ServiceHonda, so I guess I finally got a good deal at the stealer :blah
ServiceHonda list the two gaskets for the 400 at $1.65 each. So I would expect to have to pay $4.00 for the two of them. The previous owners did not even have a head pipe gasket on the machine :eek:
My mechanic told me that you only have to use the anti-seize on the screws for the end cap of the silencer. Unless you are taking that off and changing disks you shouldn't need any. Of course if wouldn't hurt any if you used some on the other parts, its just not required. The head pipe on the 300 was loose enough that it will not seize on anything, the 400 may be different, with two pipes out of the head and all.