View Full Version : big problem

RedneckYFZRida
10-02-2006, 06:49 PM
my yfz wont start and when i try to role start it the tires lock up in 1st 2nd and 3rd but in 4th and 5th there turnin but im not hearing any compression so whats the problem????????

dig dug
10-02-2006, 09:57 PM
check the boot that connects to the carb on both sides .

TCracin440ex
10-03-2006, 06:04 PM
well i personally know redneckyfz and ive worked on his bike before and it is not a compression or electrical problem....it is something transmission related...we did infact drag it behind a truck and all it did was slide the tires and 5th gear was barely turning the tires....he failed to mention his clutch is toasted in the bike....the motor aint locked up ive took the timming plug out and turned the motor over by turning the flywheel....even with that plug bein fouled or an electrical problem the tires would still roll in 1st thru 3rd...

and i have turned the motor over by taking the timming plugs out and puttin a ratchet on it and putting it in (N) and turning it it has compression

440ex kid
10-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I have damn near the exact same problem on my friends bike. bike will crank like the battery is low, but i tested it and it has great amps. We towed it behind a truck at a good 30-40 mph and it just locks the tires in every gear. I can turn the motor over at the flywheel just fine. It has compression,. But will not start. If anyone has ANY ideas please help.

TCracin440ex
10-12-2006, 05:03 PM
is his bike a yfz too?? i have no idea what can cause this....i think something in the transmission has grenaded...but idk cuz im not a yamaha man personally....i usually turn wrenches on hondas and never heard of this happening b4

K_Fulk
10-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Kind of hard to tell till you tear it down. Most people dont have x ray vision or mental telepathy. :D :blah:

TCracin440ex
10-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Kind of hard to tell till you tear it down. Most people dont have x ray vision or mental telepathy. :D :blah:

i figured somebody was bound to know whats going on...im not tearing it down screw that...he just needs to go head and save up some dough and take it back to the stealership and let them take it down...

K_Fulk
10-12-2006, 05:45 PM
A rancher I worked on had the problem, but it was locked up and the piston was laying on the crank.

But like you guys said you can turn it over by hand, It figures to be something in the transmission. But whats the likelyhood of someone saying its the counter shaft is bad and that being it or the the only thing thats bad.

440ex kid
10-12-2006, 06:14 PM
I took the head off and crank it by hand and watched the piston move. Everything looked good to me. Put it back together and still the same thing.

ilpadrino113
10-15-2006, 11:54 AM
If the tranny was bad, shouldn't it still start in neutral?

TCracin440ex
10-15-2006, 01:31 PM
like i said idk whats going on with this kids bike...i told him he was probally better off goin and buyin a new motor