View Full Version : Trailtech Vapor Install ? How Do You Hook Up Power ??

chapds
10-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok guys...

I'm so stupid when it comes to this stuff. I'm hooking up my Trailtech Vapor Computer on my 05 450R. Tach is done, but I want to run continuous power. I know I can tap into the system, but I just dont know which wires. Enclosed is a picture of under my hood. Please just tell me which wires to tap into it. I've tried to figure it out, but i'm too dumb on this stuff. Goin' for a ride this weekend & want to get this thing hooked up. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanx
Chap

Flyin-Low
10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I cant remember EXACTLY what wire it is, but i tapped into one going to the key. If you have a wire tester use it. For the negative ground i loosend a bolt on one of my brakets under the hood and put the wire under it and tightened it down.

Bout all i got now... might be able to help you more later if you need it.

-Martin

chapds
10-02-2006, 11:24 PM
thanx for getting back. i sent an e'mail with the same pix I sent put on here to trail tech. they said that to tap into the power on the harness, but that's my problem, there are a million harness's under the hood...

thanx
chap

Flyin-Low
10-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, another thing you CAN do is run your wires right back to the battery if yours is electric start.

-Martin

chapds
10-03-2006, 07:40 AM
kickstart is what i have...

thanx
chap