PDA

View Full Version : Another Exhaust question...need help fast: drag racing

CHEVYZ
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I am looking for some opinions on exhaust for my 05 450r. The bike is gona be set up for sand drags and I need a pipe capable of flowing well with a fully modified big bore application. I have been mostly looking at Dasa and the Sparks big core. I have also been looking at the Rossier exhaust. Ron Woods is out of the question, although it is arguably the best performing exhaust for drag racing, I just will not put something THAT ugly in my bike LOL.

My question is regarding these exhaust systems in particular. If you have any pictures of them on the bikes, that would be even better. Also, I know the Sparks can be had in ceremic coating. Can the others also be purchased ceramic coated?

400eXr1d3rZ
10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
You can get anything Ceramic Coated, some automotive shops can do it. Also Jet Hot coating does some amazing work. I think a high flowing exhaust would be better for a drag set up, try a shorty pipe if you don't mind the loudness, alot of people on 4 stroke use a Sparks pipe, but IMO a shorty would be more powerful.

bran_bro
10-02-2006, 04:43 PM
I have a Looney Tuned dual exhaust that has a claimed 6.5 hp gain and with two pipes, it flows great. New it was around 800 to the door, has been used very little. Make offer if you are interested.

CHEVYZ
10-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the offer on the LTE exhaust, but I am not a fan of dual exhaust on the 450r. I am gonna have to pass.

CHEVYZ
10-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
You can get anything Ceramic Coated, some automotive shops can do it. Also Jet Hot coating does some amazing work. I think a high flowing exhaust would be better for a drag set up, try a shorty pipe if you don't mind the loudness, alot of people on 4 stroke use a Sparks pipe, but IMO a shorty would be more powerful. Yeah, I know I CAN get it done, I was just wondering if I could have it done from the get-go. I don't want a shorty pipe. They are horrible for drag racing IMO.

In any case, I am leaning towards DASA. They are $100 bucks cheaper than the Sparks big core I was looking at and perform every bit as well. Plus, I think I could get it much faster... which is a big plus for my situation.

ghott
10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
DASA is a great pipe...it'll probably be my next pipe.

Ron Woods' reverse megaphone style exhaust is probably one of the best pipes for drags. The topend on the pipes are excellent.

I'll see if I can find some dynographs to illustrate.

ghott
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Credit to someone on the ORG...not sure who.

Ugly as it may be..the RW performs the best on topend. DASA is right there tho!

RED = DASA
BLUE = Rossier
GREEN = Ron Woods

ghott
10-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Here is another graph. Credit to VADER on the ORG.

PURPLE = DASA
BLUE = HMF

CHEVYZ
10-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Wow. DASA really inpressed me with those charts!

sandmanblue
10-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I am beginning to have a lot of confidence in DASA products...

Joe Byrd's motor is over 60 hp so I hear. That's not even a sand drag motor. Dan had posted a 70 hp stock bore/stroke dyno run on the ORG, but it came under such criticism, he deleted it all - wasn't worth the arguing.

Funny thing is, all the pipes make similar power really...

CHEVYZ
10-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I am getting DASA now. Anybody know how they sound?

ghott
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Loud :)

CHEVYZ
10-05-2006, 06:03 PM
I am hoping....