PDA

View Full Version : Pir Still Not Fully Pumped Out

rustee
10-02-2006, 09:57 AM
just called pir spoke to a woman there said they are still pumping out the water as of today 10/02. she suggested i call back towards the end of the week to see if the track will be able to go. there is nothing on naces site about this. this is bad especialy for us comming from long distances dont want to take that drive for nothing again. any one from paducha with any more info on the track conditions! rustee

Bryar Riley
10-02-2006, 09:33 PM
as of Friday night on the 6pm news in Paducah. 9 foot of water still on track...the last pionts races for the cars was to run the next night....rescheduled for the 14th (if the track is ready) is what the news said.........what went thruogh my head was if they are not sure if the track will be ready for them...how is it gonna be ready for round 8 on Oct. 7th...maybe the oval but the infield has been under water now for 11days ........food for thought

rustee
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Pumping efforts about done

As it looks right now the water should be pumped off of the entire facility by late this evening.

There is some damage due to the flooding on the backstretch where the water originally came over the wall making it real soft.

Leon will be working his magic in order to run the ATV nationals this Friday night and Saturday. The best amateur and pro quad riders from around the country will return to PIR for this final national point event. Several classes are still up for grabs including the pro class.

looks like it will be a flat track oval event ????????????
so much for tt. rustee................

Kfslovetoride
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
To set some facts straight on the rain out at Paducah KY:

1. Steve made and makes decisions with the input and authority of the ATVA sanctioning body.

2. Steve & his crew worked on the track endlessly for three days to try to prevent a rain out and a reschedule so that people did not have to travel the distance again.

3. Unfortunately Steve cannot control the weather. If he could, I can tell you that there would NEVER be rain on race day!

4. I just spoke to Steve Nace. He was at the track all day today and there is one wet spot on the entire track, but it is workable. He is planning on using the entire track (TT, Short Track, & Big Track).

5. I will be leaving early in the AM to help Steve prepare the race track and if there are any changes, I will see that it gets posted on this site.

6. Pit passes will be honored at this rescheduled race, but you must have the original pit pass with you to obtain your new pit pass.

If you have any further questions that I can answer please e-mail me and I will try to get back to ASAP.

Thanks,

Kevin Snyder
Steve Nace Racing Promotions Assistant
kfslovetoride@yahoo.com

One_Bad_400
10-04-2006, 08:39 PM
wow... thats amazing! i would had never thought it would still be this bad after 2 weeks... i hope they can get it done.......... becasue..... i'm ready :devil:

rustee
10-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Setting Facts Straight
To set some facts straight on the rain out at Paducah KY:

1. Steve made and makes decisions with the input and authority of the ATVA sanctioning body.

KFSLOVETORIDE
your kidding !! we know it wasnt steves fault it rained but as you said he makes decisions. one that should have beem made saturday morning was to resch. there was no way you were going to get a track in those conditions the pro's new it and everyone else that was there new it. the local tv news were calling for the streams and river to crest sunday. at 5pm sat the water washed out the main road one way and was running over the road the other way in to the track. peoples lives and equipment were all in harms way especialyy sunday when people woke up to water up to there doors on there trailers. then had to try and find there way out with all that water. you could not even see the road people were running off the road getting stuck. very dangerous situiation. and all could have been avoided if they canceld sat. and just resched at least we all would have been back home sunday. instead of losing another day of work. obiviously you work for him or are a good friend. sorry you all wasted your time working on the track everyone there but you and steve new it wasn't going to happen. anyway that is water under puducha now. hopefully this weekend will be diffrent. and trust me i am not the only one that felt that way there are a lot of people that i know that were very unhappy by the way it was handeld that did not post on this forum. mabee you and steve need to do a fact check first only my 2 cents worth rustee......

Kfslovetoride
10-05-2006, 06:17 PM
First of all to address your latest comments Rustee...

I will not argue with you about who makes decisions and who does not because obviously you have a problem with it all and that is fine. You are entitled to your opinion and the right to voice that opinion and I respect both. All I can do is tell you what I know and that is it.

I have been at PIR all day today (Thursday, October 5). The original track layout plan is being used. There are some spots on the track that is damp still from the rains but it is on the portion of the track that we are not using. We had to water the actual racing surface this afternoon to prepare for packing it was that dry. We will be on our way by 8:00 to pick up the new bails of straw.

Right now the track looks awesome and that is the only truthfull information I can give you. I just wanted to let you all know that the track is raceable unlike the reports you are getting from an unkown source.

Hope to see you in Paducah.

Kevin Snyder
Steve Nace Racing Promotions Assistant
kfslovetoride@yahoo.com

TheIceMan
10-08-2006, 03:05 PM
any results from the race? :confused:

frito
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM
goodman
little
batista
powell
fristoe
rath

TheIceMan
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks...nice to see "the bee" get another win.and a congrats to Batista,,it's only a matter of time before he is #1 on the podium :cool:

rustee
10-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Kfslovetoride thanks for respecting my opinion! i would like to say you guys did do a great job on the track my son really like the track it was fast. unfortunaly we blew up one of our machines in the open c main but thats racing. i have to admit though when i first looked at the track i was some what disapointed. wasnt sure how this track was going to be but again you and steve did a hell of a job on the track and keeping the racing going. hats off!!! rustee.......

Kfslovetoride
10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the possitive input we did work are butts off but I think things went well.We tried to make the track equal in the lane choice , maybe not perfect but close.I hope everyone that got hurt is doing better and that everyone made it home safe. THANKS AGAIN KEVIN