PDA

View Full Version : new shock a-arm set-up

mstrav1
10-02-2006, 12:53 AM
I just got my new jd performance +2 a-arms and stock works rebuild triple rates on. what is the procedure for getting it all set-up? I ride dunes and sand drags mostly, no mx xc or anything like that. Is there a height I should be at or what? The shocks have adjustment just not sure what does what. I am 185 and like to go fast through the whoops and chop areas, little jumping as well, not to crazy though!

tltcracing
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
you should really ride it before you adjust it. i dont ride dunes but i would leave the spring alone. the screw at the top (left softens, right stiffens) deals with the amount of dampening on the compression of the shock. likewise the screw at the bottom deals with rebound (the shock , after compresion, comeing back to full extention). it is adjusted the same way. i find that most of the time the stock shocks need to have the rebound dampening raised a lot( slows down the return of the shock). as for the compression just see how much you bottom out and stiffen it up untill you only bottom out a little.