PDA

View Full Version : Buying 01-04 400ex in KY

Honda4lyphe
10-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Im looking for a 01-04 400ex ( ill do a 99 or 00 but gotta be in pretty good condition) around kentucky. I will not buy one that has been raced or abused, just post some pics and ill take a look and ill keep in touch with you. i live in benton kentucky, if like to meet somewhere not too far from here if alls possible. right now im sellin a 06 brand new 250ex for $2850 so after i sell that ill be buying the 400, which wont be long im getting a raid of offers just havnt found the right person yet. Hopefully within a week ill take an offer. so just post your pics, doesnt have to be heavly modded i really dont care if its stock as long as it hasnt been abused or anything like that. but yeah if you live near and dont care to drive maybe halfway ill pronbably take it, i seen some in ads locally but arent quit what im needing.

Thanks-
Rex

ogre
10-02-2006, 01:24 PM
PMed ya

ride red 14
10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
check pms

Honda4lyphe
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
answerd. im gettin some good offers i got one im really keeping in mind and that is the trade for a 400ex for my 250, i consider trades like that but only thing is you gotta drive here or near here, that will nock off any extra money you would pay with the 400

but hey definatly show me pics i like a good lookin bike! also this might sound stupid but what im really needing is a stock or one with a pipe, the kind of rideing i do i dont need that big extra pull of power, BUT still show me what you got i might take it if we work things out

Honda4lyphe
10-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Heres the link to my 250ex also if anyone is intersted, basically in brand new condition just some smudge marks that can be seen from my shoe, shines like a champ though http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=255067

racingquads22
10-02-2006, 07:20 PM
i have a 2000 400ex in kentucky that hasn't been abused its got a couple mods extremely clean also!

Honda4lyphe
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by racingquads22
i have a 2000 400ex in kentucky that hasn't been abused its got a couple mods extremely clean also!

I like it! can you show me some more pics? like the motor area, exaust, and back plus shocks. pm me with contact info as well ill put you on the list for sure.

also i got to lookin at it it might just be the pic, are the handlebars bent a little? id like a pic of the front center if all possible thats my only main concern, she looks very clean though

racingquads22
10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I have never flipped it...and i'm also the 2nd owner maybe their just mounted wrong or something?

racingquads22
10-02-2006, 07:43 PM
there are some spots of rust up by the front bumper on the frame and from the wear on the sides from where your heals scrape but its a 6 yr old quad its not completly perfect thats all the pics i have of right now i will try to get some new ones of where you wanted

Honda4lyphe
10-02-2006, 10:03 PM
yeah i know what to expect, hard to keep any 6 year old quad from rust from regular rideing, so basically nothing is bent or anything like that? also, whats the mods? and its probably the pic about the handelbars the new one looks strait.

and hey i gotta give you props for shineing it up so good!

Honda4lyphe
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Alright so far theres 2 quads im deeply interested in, cop292's and raceingquads22's. The rest will of course be considerd but these are the ones i leen towards the most. Still will do trades.. and the ones im interested in it will take a week to a month, if you sell it before that to someone else thats alright. My 250 outta sell fast its in brand new condition has warrenty to 2008, gonna set it at my dad's aparptment, which is a busy place so it outta sell out there quick i sold 2 like that. (250r and a rancher 350). So sorry if i take awhile for a responce, i MIGHT be able to drive up half way, if not ill add a little extra cash for you to drive here (like a hundred bucks, depends on distance etc) we'll get stuff worked out, im still open to looking at any others..so hit me! i really would like an 03 or 04 because of a slight mod in 03, so ill consider those over most depends whats been done to em and how they have been treated.

thanks -
Rex

racingquads22
10-03-2006, 08:55 AM
alright cool well heres some more info on mine

400ex mods-w/b e series pipe k&n filter dynojet jet kit PRM chassis and swingarm skidplates renthal bars and grips dg front bumper lsr ebrake block off and razr tires all around

also most of the mods still have the stock parts if you want to put it back to stock bars,exhuast,bumper,air filter

have service and owners manuals and a clean title

Honda4lyphe
10-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Aight cool im still intersted, what town do ya live in? Just curious i like ure quad alot but also cops292 might trade me his for my 250ex and id definatly do that to make things really easy for me and him, so if that falls through ill take that your seconds in command though so ill definatly keep in touch.

racingquads22
10-03-2006, 08:35 PM
petersburg kentucky about 10 minutes from florence

Honda4lyphe
10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
petersburg kentucky about 10 minutes from florence

Not very familier with that area - about how far would you say you are from frankfort? Im about an hour and 30 minutes or so maybe that can help me think lol.

racingquads22
10-04-2006, 07:42 AM
lets put it this way i'm about 20 minutes south of cincinnati ohio....about a hour from lexington

Honda4lyphe
10-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Ok lexington helps, im 99% positive me and cops292 are going to do a trade for his 03 for my 250, we're going to try to get it done this sunday if anything comes up ill try to get yours your kinda close to me, cops lives in cincinnatti so not much a distance difference, i like your bike alot though id be tempted to take it over cops but this trade is easy on me and him, i sold about 3 quads in the past 2 months because i didnt buy a 400ex, always found a good deal and bought something different..so this trade just relieves alot of stress off of me so i can have what i want and be happy, and so can he.

Honda4lyphe
10-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Im still open, the 250ex is at my dads it should be sold very soon, where my dad lives traffic is big and this is the season to sell atv's. cop292 backed out on me, mainly for a title reason but i got it fixed on my end i might call him back on it but i doubt it, i think i can do better than what he offerd. raceingquads, do you still have your bike? if yes can you give me a price on your bike? Thanks.

racingquads22
10-15-2006, 11:14 AM
yupp still have it...lookin for something around 2500 let me know

Honda4lyphe
10-15-2006, 02:28 PM
yupp still have it...lookin for something around 2500 let me know

Pm'ed you :D