PDA

View Full Version : I need to rethink things

striker1001
10-01-2006, 11:34 PM
SO i got in trouble for being drunk. Me and my parents had a long talk. Usually i just ignore their talks when i get caught. But for some reason, I really started to think. Im only 17, I got the rest of my life to do it, so y am i doin it now? And i really dont feel like getin in trouble with my parents, but more importantly with cops. I have never drank and drive and i never will. But still though. Alot of my friends drink and honestly, theres not much to do where i live. And so what happens if i stop drinking with my friends, ill get called a ***** and I might end up not being friends with them. Am I a ***** or is there something more meesed up with them just like everyone else who drinks at my school. And on another note, ive been changing alot recently, listeing to deifferent music, different clothes, not drinking as much, but still chillin with the same friends. Yet i am scared that ill lose alot of my friends. I just need to think about this and life in general. I probably wouldnt have this problem if i could ride every day but unfortunately where i live, the closest place to go riding at all is 40 minutes away.:(

Sam_400ex
10-01-2006, 11:41 PM
First off if your friends leave u cuz u dont drink anymore then there not your friends in the first place. I'm from a small town too but we find tings to do and only drink a few times a year. I havent drank in over a year and the last time i drank it wasnt even enough to get a buzz. hell your 17 u still have a lot of growing up left to do. Wait until college and drinking is all u feel like u can do to fit in. In college i know u'll change a lot. if u want to talk more just pm me and i'll try to help in anyway i can.

Samantha

sly400ex
10-01-2006, 11:47 PM
If you want to hear real advice, PM me.........I've lived/live the life of a hard drinker and it's not fun.:(

firefighterjosh
10-01-2006, 11:47 PM
If they were true friends they would like you for who you are. Not for who they are.

sly400ex
10-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If they were true friends they would like you for who you are. Not for who they are.

Easier said than done at that age........

Giz400ex
10-02-2006, 02:23 AM
Are you working on the weekends and stuff?? Sounds like you need to take it easy with your friends, a break! If there going downhill, so will you:ermm: I've been there, done that!!:ermm:

trick250r
10-02-2006, 04:07 AM
my friends drink a lot so anytime they want me to go drink, ill have one and make it last till their all wasted... at that point their keys just magically dissapear into my pockets. ive go too much goping e right now to f**k it up by getting plastered.

readybeartoe
10-02-2006, 05:14 AM
I know what you mean, I have to drive about an hour just to ride mine too. It's tuff especially when most of my friends sold their 4wheelers and It takes an act of god to get the rest of my friends that still do ride together to go. Between that and work I just try to plan it out better and look forward to the days I do get to ride.

I have friends that drink(old enough) and some that DON'T. They're ALL COOL!!! It sounds like you are pretty smart though and heading in the right direction. Just be careful with your choices you make around the friends that do drink. From my experience I never could count on the ones that just partied all the time and drink all the time. But If you're worried about losing those friends and want to keep them, Try being the all time designated driver. This will atleast give you a good excuse not to be drinking while still being a "good friend" to them in the process. It sounds like they could use your help anyway.
Me personally I don't let others dictate what I do! I am my own person and make my own decisions and my friends who really care about me will ALWAYS be there even if I decide not to drink....So don't worry, you won't be a ***** or what ever to anyone who matters... ;)

readybeartoe
10-02-2006, 05:22 AM
I know what you mean, I have to drive about an hour just to ride mine too. It's tuff especially when most of my friends sold their 4wheelers and It takes an act of god to get the rest of my friends that still do ride together to go. Between that and work I just try to plan it out better and look forward to the days I do get to ride.

I have friends that drink(old enough) and some that DON'T. They're ALL COOL!!! It sounds like you are pretty smart though and heading in the right direction. Just be careful with your choices you make around the friends that do drink. From my experience I never could count on the ones that just partied all the time and drink all the time. But If you're worried about losing those friends and want to keep them, Try being the all time designated driver. This will atleast give you a good excuse not to be drinking while still being a "good friend" to them in the process. It sounds like they could use your help anyway.
Me personally I don't let others dictate what I do! I am my own person and make my own decisions and my friends who really care about me will ALWAYS be there even if I decide not to drink....So don't worry, you won't be a ***** or what ever to anyone who matters... ;)

10-02-2006, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by striker1001
[B]I have never drank and drive and i never will.

And so what happens if i stop drinking with my friends, ill get called a ***** and I might end up not being friends with them.

If you gotta drink to be their friends, you aren't really their friends.

I think its cool you are taking a look at what's important in life. But I suspect your friends don't care about what's really important in life, and don't like that you are making thm look like putzes.

These people are NOT your friends. Dump them. Hang with people that are high on life.

Will it be hard? Maybe. Buts its YOUR life that you could destroy, and if you do, I guaran-damm-tee you they'll dump you and won't be there to help then.

On and BTW ....re: drinking and driving....

Keep drinking and eventually you WILL drive drunk. ALcohol impairs judgement. Its only a matter of time until a drinker drives drunk.

My advice? Dump the alcohol all together. What does it REALLY add to your life?

And what COULD it take away?

10-02-2006, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Easier said than done at that age........

True, but that's the difference betwen a kid and an adult.

Adults do what is right even when its hard.

17 yo is NOT too early to start on the road to adulthood.

ilpadrino113
10-02-2006, 07:39 AM
It's all called moderation man. I you wanna stop then by all means thats a decision only you can make. Personally tho i think there's nothing wrong with a few drinks. as long as everyone doesn't get trashed and fall all over themselves every weekend. then yer settin yerself for somthin bad down the road.