PDA

View Full Version : my soon to be CRF

Rootar
10-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Im finally upgrading my 400 to a hybrid crf, i am buying this frame and motor setup from balls2da-wall off the site, its an 05 motor in a converted frame and has a Rekluse clucth with only 6 hours on the motor, ill be swapping everything over from my 400 thats pictured after i get it all fixed and ready like i want it when it gets to cold i tear her down and send the frame to pappy for plenty of extra gussets and some new color and ill be doing all the smaller parts my self

ive already ordered a Magura hydraulic clutch setup w/ hotstart and the hmf 400ex exhaust (thats what dustin ran so itll bolt right up) and i ordered an EHS airbox lid and 3 UNI fliters so i can run my stock box on it and ill have plenty of fliter to keep them clean and changed for every ride

should be a pretty nice ride i think and should work great for mx which is why im upgrading since ill be running the whole TQRA series this year

figair
10-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Going to look good,you cant beat the 05 motor..Gonna be sweet..keep us posted on your progress....

aaronqjones
10-06-2006, 02:25 PM
I am kinda new to this, but why get a hydrolic clutch when you already have the rekluse?

Rootar
10-07-2006, 12:49 AM
i had planned on it but dustin later told me it came with a clutch perch, lever, and stuff while i thought it didnt. so i cancelled the hydrualic clutch and as for getting it, well you can get an extra extra long line so you can run it where ever you want to (like on brake line clamps along the frame and not ever bind up, no adjsuting and itd just be nicer. but yea your right you dont need it, jsut a want.

i got my box of stuff from motosport in today about $500 worth: hmf pipe, twin air filter, ready racing ss oilfliter, new durablue hubs the old stock 250r hubs had the splines wore out enough to werethey were hard to keep tight enough not to wobble, and a few other lil things..... now i have everything i need to have it up and running as soon as it arrives hopefully by next friday. so i can get it together saturday to race it and ride it on sunday.

400exMO
10-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Good luck man, and definentely keep us posted.