PDA

View Full Version : frontend/axel installation

Honda_7x
10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
hey my jd/tcs frontend should be arriving early this week and am realy excited to put it on... i was just wondering if there are any pointers or tips that may come in handy when installing the a arms shocks and axel that some of you could pass on to a first timer? thanks

jal232
10-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Congrats man!

1st..when tappin gout tie rod ends and a arm ball joint ends...Make sure to leave the nut on the end so the threads dont get mashed together..Makes for re-sale...

2nd...dont know what kinda of quad you have but if a YFZ Me and my buddy had a pretty hard time getting axle out..Put a socket over the end and hit that thing pretty hard..It will take a couple hits but it will move slowly..

3rd...Grease everything up once you get it on!!

4th...Go thru and torque all bolts down to spec (the last thing you want is to forget and not tighten something!)

5th...Measure toe in, and your camber...A degree finder is really helpful...Can pick up at Home depot,,Lowes...Sears..Or auto shop...

Last....Go hit some big jumps...See the diference!!

Take what you want..Im sure others will respond differently cuase everyone has different approaches...Also Ive tried to get answers on this stuff and they never get answered from some of these guys so I thoght i would try to provide info on what i was wanting when I got my first pair...

Honda_7x
10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
ya well it all came in the mail today and i cant wait till saturday to stick it on......

and ya i have a 450r 04

ill try and get some pics up this weekend.......