PDA

View Full Version : rear brake problems

rodeo#11
10-01-2006, 08:32 PM
i replaced my back brake pads the other day and put on a moose block off plate but now the brakes dont want to build any pressure. ive tryed bleeding them several times but it doesnt seem to work? anyone have a idea, also does anyone have a picture of there back caliper with a block off plate on it?

Honda#4
10-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I have the same block-off plate as you do and I didnt have any problems with it, did you file the piston pin off alittle bit cus I had to but mine works great. heres a pic of mine.

svahle
10-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Is there any fluid leaking from behind the block off plate? The same thing happened when I added my block off plate. Turns out the O-ring that goes around the pin needed replacing. Apparently the e-brake plate was sealed well enough that it kept a fairly firm pedal. But, when the block off plate was added the leak became apparent. The O-ring was about $2.50 from Honda and is not that big of a deal to replace after removing the piston.

quads14589
10-02-2006, 04:24 PM
im rebuilding my rear master cylinder im having the smae probs that you have but i dont have a blockoff, so im going to see how that goes.