PDA

View Full Version : 06 450r won't start good (Help)

schulte_85
10-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Last Weekend I had a Mud Race Harescramble. Electric Start worked great before the race. I also have a kickstart installed. Started First kick on the line. Worked great. After the race it would not start with the E-start. I had to let it cool down for about 45 minutes and then the kick worked. Took it home, washed it up. Started great with the kick. This weekend I ran the parade lap, and it kept stalling. Couldn't get it started on the line. When it gets hot it will not fire at all. It take about 40 kicks. I checked the fuse in the battery box. It isn't blown. Where do I start? When it is running, it runs excellent. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

QuadRacer041
10-02-2006, 06:35 AM
i would check your valve clearance first. then i start looking at your carb settings

Colby@C&DRacing
10-02-2006, 08:48 AM
I agree Check the valves. The stock Ti intake have been giving us problems here so we switch they out for stainless.

QuadRacer041
10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I agree Check the valves. The stock Ti intake have been giving us problems here so we switch they out for stainless.

yea i havent had mine head off yet but i think im just going to replace the valves ALL stainless.
i think im going with kibblewhites, i replaced the valves in my 05 crf with stock and that was a mistake. all stainless is the way to go.

quadwanter
10-02-2006, 11:47 AM
check valves and this might sound really weird but it happened on my friends z400. Check the groundwire. His kept comming off so we rigged it and it would run awesome for a good while then die and never start again, took it to the dealer vavles were good and it was the groundwire causing the problems.