PDA

View Full Version : kfx racing

kfxracer
10-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Ok, I know I started a mess in another post about top speed,but I really don't do a whole lot of high speed runs and I realized what good is top speed if it takes 2min. to get there.I'm probably gonna race next year at my local track.I already have the mods listed in my sig. and I'm workin on some new tires and a header.I want some 18's & 20's that will last a long time not just 5-6 races.I'll be racing an oval flattrack.I'll also need the tire to hook up well for leisure riding in my yard.What do you guys recomend?Also, what other upgrades do you guys recommend?Nothing serious,because no one around here has enough money to build a full-out race quad.I want to be competitive against other slightly modded quads like mine.I can't afford +2 a arms and all that stuff.I'll probably buy a lowering kit for the races.What non-major upgrades do you guys recommend for better performance and handling?THANKS ALOT!!!

rockman
10-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Well I'm back to give you some more advice. lol.. anyway, i know you said you couldn't afford a arms and what not. I would deffinately go for an extended axle if you can find one for a good price. Trust me the z400 handles 10x better with a wider axle.

kfxracer
10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Ya, I saw the post where you added one to your bike.Since I'll be racing hard-packed flat track would you recomend holeshot mxr 4's or turf tamers?I'll also ride in my yard.Thanks for the help.

rockman
10-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by kfxracer
Ya, I saw the post where you added one to your bike.Since I'll be racing hard-packed flat track would you recomend holeshot mxr 4's or turf tamers?I'll also ride in my yard.Thanks for the help.
I wouldn't even know where to begin with flat track tires. Sorry. I'm not a flattracker. I used to work with a guy that was KS state champ like 5 years running. I know he ran hoosiers.

kfxracer
10-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Ya, I really don't want hoosiers because I need something that will get traction on grass to.Thanks anyway

rockman
10-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Might try turf tamers then, i dont' think mxr4's would last very long if you are flat tracking it. Just my opinion

kfxracer
10-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks!

IrideMHSC
10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
If you want an extended axel i have one for sale... its a durablue eliminator +2+2 which means it +2 inches wider and adjustable to +4.... will get it shipped to your door for $275

kfxracer
10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't think I'll buy it soon but when I do buy one I'll give you a holler.Thanks!

IrideMHSC
10-04-2006, 07:42 PM
not a problem it will more than likely still be around here