PDA

View Full Version : ping and click noise???

400eXr1d3rZ
10-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Yesterday I went to go ride, everything was perfect but after about an hour of riding I started to hear ping ping ping ping so I shut it off immediatly, letting it cool down. Mods are in my sig and I run on 93 octane fuel (piston is moly/thermal coated). My vavles probably need adjusting I hope thats just the problem. Could it be a problem with being too lean? I check my plug it's greyish colored, I need to mess with the airfuel screw needle and see if that changes anything, can I get to the airfuel screw without take the carb off or even moving it?

1fst400
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
what you hear is spark knock.
I had the same set up in my 416 motor for a while, it knocked once I put it under a load. Try bumping up the main jet one size. if that doesent work buy 5 gallons of race gas, dump about a cup full in every time you fill your gas tank. thats what I had to do.

Its the cosmetic gasket kit that is gettin ya. they are thiner than stock gaskets, which bumps your compresion ratio up.

Chin_Chilla
10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
1fast400 .. i seen ALOT of people with that "i saw it" on their sigs and so on...what does that actually mean?