PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Upgrades

True Blue
10-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I have an 07 raptor and it is piped with a efi controller and pro design air intake. I was to add extra mods to it, but don't know what is available. Any advice to gain more HP?

big700r
10-01-2006, 08:45 PM
how does it feel compared to stock with the efi controller and and air filter and piped and what kind of efi controller do u got and was it worth the money and what about the air filter make more power ? i wouldnt mind pipeing min for more power but i dont care for the extra noise im allready beating a stock honda 450r both r stock lol

cobradaler
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
hey true blue if u want real horse power get a cannondale. ha ha ha.

True Blue
10-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I piped it with a full HMF system. It is very loud but it does come with a spark arrestor that should help with some of the sound. I have the Dobeck EFI controller and love it. The guys that dynoed mine said it was the best on out there. I have a pro-design intake and it made a lot of difference. If you think that you bike has power now, (and it does) pipe it with a controller and a new intake and you won't believe the difference. I picked up 12 extra HP by doing it. A friend of mine has a stock 700 SE. Her boyfriend bought the same intake as mine and we pulled the spark arrestor out of the stock pipe. It opened it up. We figured she gained about 5 hp just by doing that.
About the pipe. If you don't want it to be so loud, I was having pretty good luck with the intake and controller and running stock pipe. You won't pick up as much as a race pipe system but I was still beating 450r's, banshee's, and cannodales. I got my stuff form ATV Galaxy in California, pretty cheap.

big700r
10-02-2006, 08:00 PM
true blue

thanks for the help i was thinking of the ltes pipes and wasnt sure about the DOBECK controler u think the lte r good pipes

True Blue
10-03-2006, 09:08 AM
LTE's are the best pipe for the raptor hands down. Just a little pricey. I am making HMF duals for my raptor. It will be a one off, nobody will have them. Should make good power just will be extremly loud.

ECATV Raptor
10-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Are LTE duals pretty loud. I was thinkin about puttin dual Yoshi carbons on but Yoshi's are pretty expensive.