PDA

View Full Version : best tire for mx

300exboy #15
10-01-2006, 04:37 PM
wat is the best tire for motocross

TRX23rider
10-01-2006, 04:57 PM
i run kendas but have heard good things about all of them. honestly tho they dont make as much of a difference as everyone thinks. just get whatever you can get the best deal on

rob-u/21
10-02-2006, 08:32 AM
I've alway heard that kenda last longer and are less expenssive.

HouserCRF450
10-02-2006, 09:54 AM
I've found the soft (orange) razors best for hardpack and in soft loamy dirt any of em with a good edge:D

Phills450r
10-02-2006, 10:03 AM
I switched from the RAZRs to Kendas and I liked the RAZRs better.. they are about the same price. My next buy will be razrs

rooster300ex
10-02-2006, 11:01 AM
18-11-8 Titan Fast Trekkers. Just my opinion though. Nobody really runs em though. I voted for turf tamers on the voting board.

400exrider707
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
What kendas are you talking about? The knarly MX's are thee best biting tire in a straight line I've used to date and I've tried all mentioned and more. The klaws will probably last the longest out of all of them though, and MXR4/6 are next in line for me but come in second because of price mostly.

red4r
10-02-2006, 10:42 PM
itp mxr6 all the way...i love em

10-03-2006, 08:08 AM
mxr are the best. They are the best cause the rubber is so soft. Softer than any tire. You can squiese the grip with your fingers.

They only lasted me a month b4 they were smooth.

mxr are better than mxr4/6 for racing.

The kenda claws i have now. When i first got them they got real good grip (not good as the mxr's). But after about 25% of the grip wore away they suck. I can bearly get traction to pull a wheelie at less im on the road.

Kendas last for ever. I smoke min all the time on the road and they still lookin good after a year n a half of having them.

roundsy
10-03-2006, 01:35 PM
not intending on highjakcing your thread but i just felt this question fit in good, how do razr mxs hold up after theyve lost some tread, like 75% left?

thanks

400exrider707
10-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by slow
mxr are the best. They are the best cause the rubber is so soft. Softer than any tire. You can squiese the grip with your fingers.

They only lasted me a month b4 they were smooth.

mxr are better than mxr4/6 for racing.

The kenda claws i have now. When i first got them they got real good grip (not good as the mxr's). But after about 25% of the grip wore away they suck. I can bearly get traction to pull a wheelie at less im on the road.

Kendas last for ever. I smoke min all the time on the road and they still lookin good after a year n a half of having them.

Ever tried a set of kenda knarlys? The tread is softer than the holeshots.

red4r
10-03-2006, 05:37 PM
ive had my mxr6s for like 4-5 months and theve held up real good still hook up like a motha and i have been riding on roads desert and the track... and havnt really worn that much

Caseys 300ex
10-03-2006, 07:07 PM
I have R/A and they are awsome. Nice hook up and they last forever. There 3 years old. The owner before me used them every day on the road. About 5 miles a day were put on them in the summer and that was on the road alone. They still have more than half tread left. I dont ride on the road like my friend did but there awsome.

deathman53
10-05-2006, 04:11 PM
I have different opinions on each tire. I use fast trekkers or turf tamer on my atc's. Kenda knalry mxr's on my hydrid, or turf tamers. I like the turf tamers how they grip alot, but different times they grip too much for use on the atc's, the quads you can't grip enough. Fast trekkers are great on atc's and really suck on quads, they spin out way to easy. Knarly's grip great and wear great and clean out when muddy, turf tamers are great on a dry, hard track, but on a muddly track, they are worthless. Knarly's arent' so good on a hard dry track though, they spin too much. I usually have a variety of tires with me, atc's- fast trekkers, turf tamers and duro's. Trx's- knarly's, turf tamers and duro's. I use kenda klaw fronts on my quads and grooved radials. The klaws are a great for all purpose, the grooved radials are far better on a dry, hard track, but on a wet or muddy track they are worthless.

MD450r
10-06-2006, 04:15 PM
not intending on highjakcing your thread but i just felt this question fit in good, how do razr mxs hold up after theyve lost some tread, like 75% left?

They have lasted forever for me. I only have ridden them on a hardpacked mx track. They have good forward bite, but when turning the rears arent very consistent and will loose traction to easily. When the traction is good the rounded profile of the rears makes them want to tip up on two wheels.

Aaron

10-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Ever tried a set of kenda knarlys? The tread is softer than the holeshots.

them xc i thought