PDA

View Full Version : Handle bars for quads?

blasterstan
10-01-2006, 03:54 PM
How do you pic out a style for your quad or are they basically all the same?

Thanks

brapbrap13
10-01-2006, 03:56 PM
i run renthal dirtbike bars becuase i like having them low.

rooster300ex
10-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Naw they aren't all the same. Pick either high,mid,or low bars. Protaper bars are awesome. I have the SE series silver atv-mid bend.

ShiftFMX
10-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah there's low mids and highs and also you have fat bars too! Ever since I started to ride with fat bars I hate to ride with anything different.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2384/dsc01231xi1.jpg

400exrider99
10-01-2006, 06:11 PM
i have pro taper se atv mid bend bars in black there kind of like stock 400ex bars but there alittle higher

FasstMidnightZ
10-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I use Fly, just find what fits you comfortably.

blasterstan
10-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I have stock blaster bar.now. I would like something close to them cause I like the feel of them. Would the shorter bars help in steering by putting more weight over the front, and taller bars help the rear by setting back more? Or is it a comfort thing?

Should I get one with or without a crossbar?

Thanks

10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
I love high handles bars. My friends got msrs and they are the best, i think there the pro serious ones?

10-02-2006, 06:11 AM
How do the fat bars work with the levers / throttle mounting?

Areb't all the levers etc designed for 7/8" bars?

infantry317
10-02-2006, 06:17 AM
They taper out from 1.125 at the mounts to .875 at the handles. All the levers will be fine. However, some handguards (wraparound style) will require the purchase of fat bar mounts.

Iliketogofast
10-02-2006, 06:25 AM
You'll have to decide for yourself what feels best. Take a set of dirtbike bars and put them on your quad - you don't gotta take your controls off, just unclamp them and clamp the bike bars on. The bike bars are a low bend - if you like that, get a low bend. If that's too low but stock bars are too high, get mids.

Then you have to think about reach, or sweep. Different styles have different sweep - a sweep is the angle that the bars bend from the center where the clamps/crossbar is to your hands. This determines how far your arms will have to reach to grab the bars, and in some cases determine your attack position while sitting on the quad.

If your have the extra money, and no idea what you want, try getting a set of cheap bars to test a bend out before you buy expensive ones. You can always give them away if you hate it, or you could use them for spares.

rooster300ex
10-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider99
i have pro taper se atv mid bend bars in black there kind of like stock 400ex bars but there alittle higher

They feel nothing like stock 400ex bars to me.

blasterstan
10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
You'll have to decide for yourself what feels best. Take a set of dirtbike bars and put them on your quad - you don't gotta take your controls off, just unclamp them and clamp the bike bars on. The bike bars are a low bend - if you like that, get a low bend. If that's too low but stock bars are too high, get mids.

Then you have to think about reach, or sweep. Different styles have different sweep - a sweep is the angle that the bars bend from the center where the clamps/crossbar is to your hands. This determines how far your arms will have to reach to grab the bars, and in some cases determine your attack position while sitting on the quad.

If your have the extra money, and no idea what you want, try getting a set of cheap bars to test a bend out before you buy expensive ones. You can always give them away if you hate it, or you could use them for spares.

Thanks for the info. I will take quad to the Bike shop and see if I can try differant bars out.

Thanks for all the info guys!!!!