PDA

View Full Version : engine ice.........how good is it?

450rJam
10-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I tried to do a search but the 3 letter word ice seems to mess it up.
my 06 er keeps running a little warm (I think)
the fan is kicking on alot, and I can smell the overflow coolant.
I was checking around and heard this engine ice may help.
are there any other tricks other than dropping 3 bills on a larger
radiator ?
there are a few other coolants out there.........have any of you had good luck with any of them.
thankx for any light you can shed on this.

AtvMxRider
10-01-2006, 03:47 PM
put * after it and you can do a search. Engine ice is very good and highly recomended. I use Liquid performance in my son's bike and it is just as good.

jb500ex
10-01-2006, 05:30 PM
ive been told by some very knowledgable people that engine ice is the worst thing you can run. something too do with it actually holds heat and tricks your engine into thinking it's running cooler then it is, and it doesn't transfer heat. engine ice is what i was running up until i was told this.

AtvMxRider
10-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
ive been told by some very knowledgable people that engine ice is the worst thing you can run. something too do with it actually holds heat and tricks your engine into thinking it's running cooler then it is, and it doesn't transfer heat. engine ice is what i was running up until i was told this.

I have never heard this. I run Liquid Performance but I have still never heard of that about Engine Ice:confused:

dtmichau
10-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I haven't run it before but I have heard nothing but good things. The only thing I have heard negative about it is from this post. Liquid performance is also a top contender in the heavy weight battles of engine coolants. Buy the cheaper of the two, thats my .02 :)

10-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Engine Ice is a good product. I use it in my quad and street bike. They are very nice and knowledgable people. If you have any questions they will be glad to share any information. I had a question and called them. They were very helpful and wasn't hesitant to talk to me about other products than theirs. Also they didn't have any negative things to say about their competiters products.

firefighterjosh
10-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Great Stuff. I ran it in my banshee for years and now problems no matter what the weather was.

ss440ex
10-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Going on my 3rd year in my 2001 yz426.
Works great.

450rJam
10-02-2006, 04:20 AM
thanks for your input.........Im calling them today

10-02-2006, 09:57 AM
i use engine ice in all my bikes and always will. it runs A LOT cooler then the stock coolant. that sold me alone

JW450R1
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
i've run engine ice in lots of quads,and bikes.i never had a problem.it seems to run cooler.i was just wondering if any-one had a heat gun.that can compared before they install engine ice.

bshack
10-03-2006, 05:10 AM
I use Redline Water Wetter. I used a digital coolant temp sensor so I could record the difference between coolant with and without Water Wetter. 5 to 10 Degree difference. I did this test on my car.