View Full Version : New to board.. W/ question...

YFZWon
10-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Hello all. I am New here, Had a 2000 Warrior and finally got the Hubby to upgrade me to a 2006 YFZ ( He has a 2004 Kenz built Raptor and thinks i am too little for that .. )
So anyhow, I got the bike last week has a few small issues but nothing major.. Small crack in the front fender ( anyone have a white front fender for sale let me know) I haven't ridin it yet, have to clean it up real good and change the oil / filters and all... we are doing that today and came to find out the Dumb a** who had it was using 2 stroke oil in it.... WTF...
Well any how I am just wondering if the 2006 still has any of the electrical problems? and also do I need to order anything to take off the headlights or am i good to go...
Love to get some opinions on all the after market parts everyone is using and why.. I am a little over 100 pnds and plan to learn how to handle her over the next year so i can smoke some of these hot headed guys on the short track... :devil:

thanks for all who respond!!

YFZWon

10-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Well first off, welcome to the site!!!:macho

Yes you can take the lights off the '06s with out ordering a adapter.
For the front fender, you can always look in the for sale section on here or check at ebay.
Emm... No electrical problems on the '06 that I recall.
And for the after market parts, I would buy a exhaust system and a air filter.
I have a White Brother Pro Aluminum Pro II and I love it. If you have money, I would buy some shocks, maybe Elka's.
If you have any more questions just ask.

bozz
10-01-2006, 02:25 PM
He has a 2004 Kenz built Raptor and thinks i am too little for that .. ) the funny thing is your stock 06 will probably beat his raptor!

YFZWon
10-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Yes the elka's are a must for me, Hubby's got em on his and after riding it a few times I MUST have them.. As far as a pipe I got one coming in a bit, It's not on the market as of yet............ I need to E. brake block off, can't stand that dang thing in my way.. and i miss my Tag 2 handle bars, gotta get some.. I have to wait on a lot of parts since His bike comes first.. .. LOL.. But I'll get pictures once it is how I want it...

YFZWon
10-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by bozz
He has a 2004 Kenz built Raptor and thinks i am too little for that .. ) the funny thing is your stock 06 will probably beat his raptor!

Oh no I dont think so..LOL... He is all set up

He has motor work, sent of to Kenz shop ..
Now we have another 04 raptor his buddy rides and I will probably beat him stock, just have to get used to ridin it, and "learn" how to drag...