PDA

View Full Version : Silvervein with translucent red?

gdkarma
10-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I spent hours yesterday searching through threads trying to find some examples of this color. I couldn't find this combination, so I figured I would ask if someone could help me out! Any help would be very appreciated, and allow me to make some final decisions to get a rebuild going.

Pappy
10-01-2006, 11:11 AM
I know I dont have any shots of this combo anymore, but i have used it alot. It looks pretty cool, but doesnt "pop" as much on an atv frame as I would like.

Pappy
10-01-2006, 11:13 AM
A quick search netted a few shots...

this is what the powder companies sell as Redvien and I hate it

Pappy
10-01-2006, 11:14 AM
This is some I have done with silvervein and trans red

Pappy
10-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I saw this frame a few months back and it still looks good after 3 years of use from 2 different owners

gdkarma
10-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, now you're talking! If you find any other pics, please share!

I have a trike that has black plastics, and I think this would look really tricked out, with as much chrome and polishing as I can get. I may be looking for a quote once I break down everything.

:D

gdkarma
10-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I have seen your prices for quads, and would like to know if they would differ for a trike?

I have a Yamaha Tri-Z that I would like the frame (no subframe), 3 hubs, and a handfull of small parts to be silvervein with translucent red. I also have the swinger, pegs, and a handfull of small parts that I would like silvervein with clearcoat.

I know this isn't very detailed, but I would like a comparison quote. The locals around here are probably going to be more than shipping to you, but I want to verify if possible, and work with someone experienced in the parts.

Pappy
10-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Its about the same on the small parts, and a tad cheaper on the frame. In reality its about the same powder and work on a full size trike frame. I would geuss $160 on the frame in that color.

Print off a picture and show the local guys what you want and what you expect. Alot of times these shops can only guess at what a customer is trying to acheive. You can even send the small parts here and have the frame done locally if it helps.

gdkarma
07-23-2007, 09:19 PM
For anyone researching on this color, I can't tell you how nice it is in person! It's rather dark if it isn't in direct sunlight, but boy when it gets in the sun! Thanks for your help in getting this color combo chosen. Here's the final product:

http://home.comcast.net/~mike.markley/001.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~mike.markley/OutlawTF2007-1.jpg

Pappy
07-23-2007, 09:25 PM
awesome! glad i could help!