PDA

View Full Version : I need some 400 Motor parts please help

sledguy
10-01-2006, 08:21 AM
HI guys,
I recently got a 400 with a 440 kit in it that was supposedly done by some guy that was "awsome" . Well I whent riding yesterday and the head gasket whent on my quad, It started making this funny chirping noise.I pulled it apart and in the middle of doing that I found a ton of stripped bolts and parts missing. The front head stud was stripped and loose and that is were the gasket just happend to be blown. I need If anyone has them?? Are the 2 dowells that go on the front and rear head studs they were gone. And the dowell that holds the bearing on the end of the cam on the shifter side. And a head gasket for a 440, 89 mm bore. If anyone has them i wil gladly pay you, not looking for anything for free just faster than the dealer. Im trying to get it back yogether for this weekend .

exrider23
10-01-2006, 08:45 AM
I have a complete bottom end...with all the sutds and stuff i am selling for 300 shipped.....includes a hotcam and hotrods crank/rod

sledguy
10-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks,
I only need a couple small parts and I was told all the rest of my stuff was good. Thanks for the reply though.

eganracing
10-01-2006, 10:34 AM
replace the head studs now. alot of 440's have a problem with blowing head gaskets. my bike was streching the studs and stripping them which would cause the head gasket to blow. so if u can afford some HD studs i would get them now while u have it all torn apart.

sledguy
10-01-2006, 11:23 AM
where do I get those from ? Thanks

400eXr1d3rZ
10-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by sledguy
where do I get those from ? Thanks

GT Thunder has HD studs, you can order them from GT Thunder or C&D Racing.

gojk
10-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by eganracing
replace the head studs now. alot of 440's have a problem with blowing head gaskets. my bike was streching the studs and stripping them which would cause the head gasket to blow. so if u can afford some HD studs i would get them now while u have it all torn apart.

I agree, you def need the HD head studs.

Also, the one you say is pulling is the most famous one for coming loose or stretching. Most of the time it rips the threads out.

sledguy
10-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks guys , I just whent and bought the HD stud kit from GT Thunder. Now I just need the internal parts and the head gasket.