PDA

View Full Version : Things just got a bit hectic!

Pappy
10-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the next few months. The wife finally landed a big federal job and starts monday. She has been working hard to get this position and it is a huge plus for our family!

While we are happy, it will put a crimp on our lifestyle for the next 3 or 4 months. We both have worked at the same place for over 15 years and now with her moving on, I will be covering a large portion of her job, my own position, and covering all the work in the warehouse seeing another long time employee moved on. I can not replace these positions because the business is for sale and almost under contract so I am stuck being pulled seven ways from sunday until the deal is done and I can finally retire!

With that said, my time on this site is going to be severely limited. In order to make all this work and keep my powder coating business rolling I will need to cut back on some of the types of work I have done for the past few years. The PC work should roll on as usual, but I will not be able to accept any work that requires disassembly/reassembly except full quad rebuilds. (I have a team that does this for me so it is actually easier then dealing with small parts that are shipped in)

I also hope that a few others will step up and help keep the site rolling as that will relieve some pressure from me having to worry about it. I have every expectation that there will be no issues, but I have always been upfront and honest with every member on this site and wanted to keep everyone dialed in on what is going on.

When all this is finally over, I should be finished with my employement and ready to step in at my own company full time which is the goal and has the full support of my family and my current employer. I havent let this guy down in almost two decades and I wont let him fall now so I see this as another challenge, not another burden.

Thanks for reading this, and wish me luck!

Pap

XCAdam89
10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Good Luck Pappy!

Glad everything is working out for you and your family. I'd like to own my own business as well someday.

zrpilot
10-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Pappy,

You are obviously an honest, hard working, dedicated, man of your word individual. People like you seem to be in the minority these days.

Thanks and good luck!

PS: I will be honored to do some powder coat business with you in the near future!

Mike S (zrpilot)

MX300ex
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM
i sent u a PM di du get it?

tim colston
10-02-2006, 06:56 AM
With the kind of work you put out i am sure the you will be fine. My dad always says that hard work makes luck. I know you work hard for your family and lifestyle.

Pappy
10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks Tim, your best is all you can do.

northwest Texas
10-02-2006, 08:49 PM
First, congrats on the chaos. (grin) I hope everything flows as smoothly for you as it possibly can.

I have a couple quick questions for you right quick. The stock paint on my 400EX is getting bare in places and I'm contemplating tearing it down this winter and having it powdercoated, nothing fancy, just redone. The front arms need it too and I might do a few other things as well such as the stock swingarm.

I guess really I have one question now. I can't remember where I read it regarding the gusset kit, but I think you said the cost to do that is now a little cheaper with more of them available now. Did I read that somewhere here or am I blowing smoke? If so, how much difference in cost are you talking about than the $175?

I remember my other question now. I'm thinking stealth black for my frame and subframe and fire red for the arms and swingarm (if I do it). Is that, I'm assuming, a solid color?

Thanks for your time, Kyle

Pappy
10-03-2006, 02:57 AM
Gusset and pc frame/subframe $325. I used to charge $175 for gusseting a frame but now I can do it here and the Bare kits are reasonably priced so I passed the savings on to everyone.

The arms(full set) would be $55 as long as they are not stock arms, swing arm would be $60 also in that color.

quadfamily
10-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey congrats to your wife and best of luck to you over the next few months. I know your business will really explode when you don't have to worry about running someone elses finally.

northwest Texas
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks. I may be in contact with you in the future if I'm unable to find a reputable person locally. So far I've been unable to find anyone that knows of anyone that even does it.