PDA

View Full Version : Things just got a bit hectic!

Pappy
10-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the next few months. The wife finally landed a big federal job and starts monday. She has been working hard to get this position and it is a huge plus for our family!

While we are happy, it will put a crimp on our lifestyle for the next 3 or 4 months. We both have worked at the same place for over 15 years and now with her moving on, I will be covering a large portion of her job, my own position, and covering all the work in the warehouse seeing another long time employee moved on. I can not replace these positions because the business is for sale and almost under contract so I am stuck being pulled seven ways from sunday until the deal is done and I can finally retire!

With that said, my time on this site is going to be severely limited. In order to make all this work and keep my powder coating business rolling I will need to cut back on some of the types of work I have done for the past few years. The PC work should roll on as usual, but I will not be able to accept any work that requires disassembly/reassembly except full quad rebuilds. (I have a team that does this for me so it is actually easier then dealing with small parts that are shipped in)

I also hope that a few others will step up and help keep the site rolling as that will relieve some pressure from me having to worry about it. I have every expectation that there will be no issues, but I have always been upfront and honest with every member on this site and wanted to keep everyone dialed in on what is going on.

When all this is finally over, I should be finished with my employement and ready to step in at my own company full time which is the goal and has the full support of my family and my current employer. I havent let this guy down in almost two decades and I wont let him fall now so I see this as another challenge, not another burden.

Thanks for reading this, and wish me luck!

Pap

Ghost-Rider
10-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Thats a lot... so once they sell the company you work for i take it you wont work there anymore from what i got outa what you said?

450r51
10-01-2006, 08:09 AM
hey pappy, glad to hear about this.

just as long as my frame is done by mid march ill be happy.

Pappy
10-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Thats correct. After all this time dealing with this business, I have decided that I would prfer to not be employed under the new owner. We moved almost 4 years ago (2 hours from work) with the thought we would only have a year at best until we had to find new employment. The wife works from her office at home so the travel doesnt affect her, but it does me:p

I bought this property and set up my shop here with every intention of one day moving to full time work on quads, bikes and street bikes. I am at the point right now, actually have been at this point for 2 years, that I can go full time when ever I chose. I gave my word to my employer that I would not leave him until everything is done and that should be around the first of the year.

Pappy
10-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
hey pappy, glad to hear about this.

just as long as my frame is done by mid march ill be happy.

your frame will be done this week..lol

450r51
10-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
your frame will be done this week..lol

sweet, thats what i like to hear. u remember what colors to do right?

oh and i think nick should be sending ya a boat load of stuff in the next few months.

Pappy
10-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Yep, your brother pm'd me. Flaming hot pink with pastel green small parts.

honda350r
10-01-2006, 08:22 AM
I can finally retire!

Is that when you change all the tires, on all your machines?

Good luck! I hope someday to change all my tires too !!

450r51
10-01-2006, 08:22 AM
u used those same colors last time.....this time i just want pink please.:cool:

Pappy
10-01-2006, 08:24 AM
u used those same colors last time.....this time i just want pink please.:cool:

will do;)

I posted in your thread in my section. you were a jump away from snapping the main tube on the chassis:chinese:

450r51
10-01-2006, 08:46 AM
hmm awesome. i posted in the other thread as well.

Quad18star
10-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Hopefully they don't burn you out at work before you get to retire . :ermm: Also congradulations to your wife on her new position .

It's gunna suck not having you around the site as often to keep order , but I'm sure some of the other mods will step up and help out . If they need more hands , just pass me the ban button and I'll keep order around here . LOL :devil:

JRP
10-01-2006, 09:47 AM
congrats pappy! i cant wait till my dad can retire:D haha and if you need any help with the site let me know:)

mxdave28
10-01-2006, 10:21 AM
awesome news Pappy hope things all work out in the end for ya and im sure things will run smoothly here while your gone:D

AtvMxRider
10-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Congrats on your wifes new job. My wife works for the govenment also. If you need anything just let me know you know I will help anyway I can.:macho

Pappy
10-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by mxdave28
awesome news Pappy hope things all work out in the end for ya and im sure things will run smoothly here while your gone:D

LOL...I am not going anywhere, I just will not be active like I have been. Leaving before daylight, getting home well after dark and then working until I cant work no more will allow no more time for general BS'n on the net. I will still do what I have always done, and you can bet the other Mods nor I will allow anything to slack. You act like a site gnome and you will get booted:p Absolutley nothing will be slacked in that department, in fact events of the past weeks have had us stepping up what we do and it will continue.

Thanks Jerry, Bridget worked for the gov't along time ago and left them to work for me. Seeing that it is time to move on, she opted to get back in and get some good benefits. It will be tough but we knew at some point this time period would come and here it is. We are all excited, but nervous also because we all know what will be involved. Basically my wife and I will be working 2 full time jobs as she will still handle all duties at her current job sans the phone calls and be a mom and wife and husband and dad etc:p

It will be different for awhile for sure. I have been pulling 3 jobs in a sense since August, bow season is in and I havent even got my equipment together and that is a first for me. First time I hadnt been in a tree stand on opening day since I was 13. When I miss deer hunting you know I am either in a corner with no other choice, or dead:D

wvspeedfreak
10-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Tell Bridget congratulations from all of us.If you need me to come slam any deer on your property just ask :D I'll help out however I can :p

mxdave28
10-01-2006, 03:12 PM
you can bet the other Mods nor I will allow anything to slack. You act like a site gnome and you will get booted:p Absolutley nothing will be slacked in that department, in fact events of the past weeks have had us stepping up what we do and it will continue.

thats excatly what i want to hear ;) im glad that you guys and gals are stepping up and tightening the raines on what goes on in here....pretty much the main reason why i have cut my time in here and my posts...i was afraid of what i said turning into a my daddy is bigger then your daddy crap :D

I hope im not the gnome :ermm: im hardly here enough now :cool:

stocktires
10-01-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm happy to hear Paps, good luck! I know the feeling your going through right now.

Giz400ex
10-02-2006, 02:26 AM

just as long as my frame is done by mid march ill be happy. LOL:D

PismoLocal
10-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Good luck Pappy take it easy and try not to wear yourself out.

gbcap
10-02-2006, 12:13 PM
pappy. stop lying to everyone. just last week i saw you at night shift gentlemans club, with the interstate truck for your 'afternoon break'

red
10-02-2006, 12:45 PM
well good luck with everything....we will all be pulling for you.

signboy
10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Pappy, I hope things work out for the best. I hope you can get to a point your business is ready to feed your whole family. Burning the candle at both ends can be very stressful. Tell your wife good luck on the new venture!

PS you coming to the St. Clairsville race?

Pappy
10-02-2006, 04:13 PM
the plan was to run st clairsville, that is out now. no time:(

Pappy
10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
pappy. stop lying to everyone. just last week i saw you at night shift gentlemans club, with the interstate truck for your 'afternoon break'

I just make the deliveries...where doesnt concern me:p

QuadJunkies
10-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Congrats to Bridget!! I hope to someday find my calling ... :ermm:
Dont work too hard and try to remember,all work and no play makes for a dull boy...

Oh something like that... lol :p

Mxjunkie
10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Good luck man.. just dont be missing if bananaboy start's his quad thing again cause we cant forget to put banana's in his boxes :blah:

Pappy
10-03-2006, 03:00 AM
Nanner boy knows the addy:p

Thanks QJ, she had a great first day and was already asked to extend her training period for another month and move up a grade to start. It will all work out, just be a bit short on free time for a little while.

5am, time to make the donuts:D

AtvMxRider
10-03-2006, 01:18 PM
What grade did she start out at? (wife wants to know:ermm: )

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 03:01 PM
[B] It will all work out, just be a bit short on free time for a little while.

Troy and I work opposite shifts and until a few years ago, we also had opposite days off. We try to cram as much as we can into the wk ends , there never is enough time in a day for sure :ermm:

AtvMxRider
10-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Troy and I work opposite shifts and until a few years ago, we also had opposite days off. We try to cram as much as we can into the wk ends , there never is enough time in a day for sure :ermm:

Same here. My wife and I see each other about 10 minutes aday during the week. Maybe thats why we have been married so long:confused:

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Same here. My wife and I see each other about 10 minutes aday during the week. Maybe thats why we have been married so long:confused:

LOL you know.. there probably is some truth to that! :p

AtvMxRider
10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
LOL you know.. there probably is some truth to that! :p

She worked dayshift a couple years ago for a few months and we drove each other crazy:eek2: . It beats paying a babysitter though.

MOFO
10-03-2006, 03:16 PM

I'm joining the club. I work 8/5 M-F. My wife will work Sat and Sun (day or night shift - nurse).

I think it might help our relationship! ;) :devil:

AtvMxRider
10-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I'm joining the club. I work 8/5 M-F. My wife will work Sat and Sun (day or night shift - nurse).

I think it might help our relationship! ;) :devil:

I work 4:30am until 2:30 pm I get home about 2:50 and she leaves at 3. She gets home about 12:30am. Thats whay I am on here so much:devil:

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 03:20 PM
My wife and I see each other about 10 minutes aday during

Its amazing what you can get done in 10 minutes... :devil:

AtvMxRider
10-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Its amazing what you can get done in 10 minutes... :devil:

Hah not when you have 3 kids looking at you:eek2:

QuadJunkies
10-03-2006, 03:28 PM
thats when you ship them off to the neighbors to play...!! :p

AtvMxRider
10-03-2006, 03:29 PM
thats when you ship them off to the neighbors to play...!! :p

insaneracin2003
10-04-2006, 07:47 PM
tell the miss',"good Luck and congrats" and Pappy,dont work too hard and get sick on us again:grr: .

Pappy
10-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
tell the miss',"good Luck and congrats" and Pappy,dont work too hard and get sick on us again:grr: .

i will tell her.

so far so good, i havent felt sick in awhile so hopefully that is all gone. i have learned to deal with stress a bit better since last year....you just uncork on the issue and you feel better:D

QuadJunkies
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM

so far so good, i havent felt sick in awhile

I wish I could say the same :( and its not even winter yet .:ermm:

insaneracin2003
10-04-2006, 10:32 PM
I wish I could say the same :( and its not even winter yet .:ermm:
Winter??? what is that.we have jacket time for about 5 full days down here.then it is back to long sleeve shirts.for another month then shorts and t-shirts........i wanna see snow again....sorry for ramblin,must be the heat.....

QuadJunkies
10-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
Winter??? what is that.we have jacket time for about 5 full days down here.then it is back to long sleeve shirts.for another month then shorts and t-shirts........i wanna see snow again....sorry for ramblin,must be the heat.....

Same here.. Heck ,last wk end it was in the ow 30's for heat race, then by noon it was mid 70''s.. lol
Kids are back in school ,so that means Im sick about 4 months out of the year.. :grr:

Pappy
10-07-2006, 08:15 AM
The first week is done:p

Its every bit as hectic as I thought it would be. Next week will be worse, I have a driver on vacation and we are still hammered with work. It will all work out...just some adjusting.

I agree with the colds.....i hate being sick

insaneracin2003
10-07-2006, 08:45 AM
The first week is done:p

Its every bit as hectic as I thought it would be. Next week will be worse, I have a driver on vacation and we are still hammered with work. It will all work out...just some adjusting.

I agree with the colds.....i hate being sick
I would bann vacation time till everything is somewhat back to normal :chinese: .well it is good to see you made it through your first week.:macho