PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good age for a 50cc and 90cc atv?

Giz400ex
10-01-2006, 07:36 AM
My son is going on 4 yrs old and has a interest in atv's. He has sat on a 50cc and 90cc but the 90cc they won't sell it due to his age. He fits on them perfectly! My son is kinda crazy and isn't afraid of some speed. Granted, I don't want to get him hurt or anything but the way he rides batterized toys, he looks ready. When did your kids start?

Pappy
10-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Ryan was on a 50cc when he turned 5. He wrecked it pretty bad at a race and hasnt been the same on one since.

Cody started on a LT80 when he was 8 and hasnt looked back.

IMO, start him on a bike!

Ghost-Rider
10-01-2006, 07:40 AM
1. dont says it for him.

2. i think most minis have a throttle limiter ( lil screw that limited how far in the throttle can go )

so just buy it limit the throttle is he goes grazy and he should learn not to be crazy and he can go fast.

Oh man i remember my good ol battery powered bigfoot truck man i did crazy stuff.....put a brick on the gas and tryed to jump off while it was movin .... good stuff

Pappy
10-01-2006, 07:43 AM
The 50 and 90's are usually identical in size, the main size differences are in height from the 90's coming with larger tires

wilkin250r
10-01-2006, 07:44 AM
4 years old and he fits on a 90?!? And you think he's capable of riding it?

My daughter was average size, and could barely reach the petals on an 80 when she was 6 years old, and I KNOW she wasn't capable of riding it properly.

That was at 6. Now, she is 8, she fits perfectly and handles it well.

I've never seen your son, so you are obviously going to be a better judge than I am, but 4 just sounds awful early to throw them on a 90cc.

Giz400ex
10-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
4 years old and he fits on a 90?!? And you think he's capable of riding it?

My daughter was average size, and could barely reach the petals on an 80 when she was 6 years old, and I KNOW she wasn't capable of riding it properly.

That was at 6. Now, she is 8, she fits perfectly and handles it well.

I've never seen your son, so you are obviously going to be a better judge than I am, but 4 just sounds awful early to throw them on a 90cc. Yeah, I know but he fits pretty good on them and he knows what does what ect... I've been thinking about it but I still think he's too young for anything but I figured I'd ask:confused:

10-01-2006, 08:20 PM
i like the raptor 80...my friends brother had one and i liked it a lot...

good luck with the search

QuadJunkies
10-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I think alot has to do with rider and size.. There is soooo many variations. My Son was 5 on a 50,my Daughter was 7-8 on a 90.My son took longer to get "head smart" riding:p I am a firm believer in keeping a child on a quad thats best suited in size for them

Giz400ex
10-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I think alot has to do with rider and size.. There is soooo many variations. My Son was 5 on a 50,my Daughter was 7-8 on a 90.My son took longer to get "head smart" riding:p I am a firm believer in keeping a child on a quad thats best suited in size for them I'll use those guidelines, the only thing I'm worried about is what kind of growth spirt he'll go through now until he hits between 5-6 yrs old. Granted he's not a big kid for his age but he fits on them perfectly now, how's he gonna fit on them at 5 or 6???? is too big on the atv awkward???

firefighterjosh
10-02-2006, 02:49 AM
If the 90 fits him well I would buy it and limit the throttle down until he stops being so crazy lol.

Giz400ex
10-02-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If the 90 fits him well I would buy it and limit the throttle down until he stops being so crazy lol. Sounds good, thanks for the input! I still might a year or his 5th B.D.! If I could ride with him on it, fine! But, I can't do that and I don't want to get him hurt or anything :( :D

QuadJunkies
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If the 90 fits him well I would buy it and limit the throttle down until he stops being so crazy lol.

another good suggestion :)

again, some of he 50/90 share same Chassis sizes as well. Also, the nice thing about a same size chassis is you can always keep it,mod it out and upgrade to a bigger motor w/o having to start completly over! :) Thats what we done.