PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie help?!?!?!

mustang25
10-01-2006, 07:04 AM
I was just wondering if anyone can help me wheelie sitting down. I can wheelie forever standing on the grab bar(kinda easy), and was wondering if anyone had any pointers on how to wheelie sitting down.

jd450
10-01-2006, 07:13 AM
it shouldnt be much different bro. just keep your right foot covering the rear brake, and clutch it up in like...2nd gear from a slow roll. bring the front up to BP (you should already know where that is) and ride it out, as far as you want. if it goes back too far, tap ......TAP the rear brake, if it begins to fall, gently burp the throttle.

Honda4lyphe
10-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey man you got a 250ex the front end is extremly light, just position yourself a little behind the middle of the seat and find a place where you can do it like that, it takes time to find your core balence point (position you always stay in for a seated wheelie) take it easy the 1st few times you do it id start in 1st gear and eventually go to second, reason i say 1st because of a 250 its not VERY powerful so 1st is safe and easy your distance is just pretty limited, and like jd said keep your foot on the brake and just push it if you think your going to fall, also i highly suggest practiceing on grass..your probably gonna fall a few times, it doesnt really hurt if you hit your wheelie bar to the ground so just take it easy, learn it, master it, and do it like a pro!

CByronB32
10-18-2006, 10:54 PM
"brake control" is the answer to any wheelie question, once you learn to use the rear brake.... it is endless.

400exrider36
10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
yep, another thing tho, you may feel like your falling back alot of times, but usually your not, so dont be too afraid at first, start out slow on grass or soft surface. every one of my friends cant keep a wheelie going because they feel like they are falling back, and when i watch them, they arnt even close to falling...

Kaleigh
11-03-2006, 02:23 PM
dont forget to lean back.. try to keep you arms almost straight.. and make sure you have a good seat position.. almost the same position as you would be riding normally.. other then that just practice.. do you use your rear brake if not.. then you should learn..

red4ever
11-04-2006, 06:45 AM
on my 250 i found that the best way to ride a wheelie is to get going about 15 in second gear hold the shifter over third rev it out and dump the clutch while you jerk up on the bars. either it will shoot straight up or pop up and fall down. if you get it to stand up feather the throttle and you can ride it forever

400exfan19
11-04-2006, 10:14 AM
just keep practicin the tips uve got. it comes eventually. try startin on kind of an upward slant. it works