PDA

View Full Version : Strange electrical problem!!

Blysster
09-03-2002, 06:58 AM
Has anyone had this happen before?

After installing my hood on I didn't hook up my neutral light since I figured I didn't need it. I left the 2 cables for the light unplugged. I was then able to start the bike and everything worked fine in neutral. When the bike was in gear, however, it wouldn't shut off with the key.

I then tried to hook the 2 wires for the neutral light up together and it wouldn't start anymore. I unhooked the 2 wires and it's still dead. I didn't have time to play around with it too much last night but could this have fried my CDI box??

For the people who took off their neutral light, are the 2 neutral wires supposed to be hooked up together?

phatswinn
09-03-2002, 10:11 AM
try changing ur fuse, thats the best bet cuz u were playin with the wires, i dont think u could have fried your cdi by doing that

Blysster
09-03-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by phatswinn
try changing ur fuse, thats the best bet cuz u were playin with the wires, i dont think u could have fried your cdi by doing that

Thanks,

I have a few more questions now.. Where is the fuse and what kind of fuse is it? Sorry for my ignorance, I never had any electronic problems with it before.

Doibugu2
09-03-2002, 10:54 AM
Look by the battery there should be a 15 or 20 amp fuse, just like you would find in a car.

Leo
09-03-2002, 03:43 PM
I know it sounds silly but there are two wires under the front fender that are pretty easy to mix up (i did it and the neutral light stays on all the time, and you can't shut it off with the key..)..

Leo