PDA

View Full Version : 07 Z400

Turbosixx
09-30-2006, 08:01 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the 07 Z400? Good or bad? What is the stock top speed for this bike? How does it compare to other bikes (450's-700)?

indyZrider
09-30-2006, 08:29 PM
depends on what kind of riding you do. its a great trail bike and a good mx bike in your not a pro. if your going to mx get a 450. trail riding go with the 400. if you ride alot of dunes get the 700. thats my opinion.

yellow400ex05
09-30-2006, 08:33 PM
The 07' Z400's are nice with the black plastics. They won't hang with a 450 very well unless its stock for stock on top end they are close. but down low a Z has no chance against a 450, it would just be left in the dust. They do about 68-70 stock. A 450 will do around 70-75 MPH. a z400 vs a raptor 700 and 450 on the trail it would actually be close bc the Z is moslty designed for the occasional MX races and mostly trail oriented. I don't think a 450 would do too well, I hear they like to be ran fast and dont like to lugged in the low gears bc they are high- performance. Lets put it plain and simple, a 450 running free and fast and getting all or most of the power used out of it more than half the time is a happy 450. But all in all if you want a z400 it isn't a bad choice, but if u want to be comparing it to 450's and raptor 700's well you'll have a considerable disadvantage. Also don't forget about the 400ex too! they have the same power and do nearly same speed in stock form as a z400, also the 400ex's aftermarket parts are dirt cheap too because the 400ex has been out longer. And they have the Honda reliablility. Not bashing the Z just saying if u just want a very-low maintenece, simple reliable quad I'd suggest honda. But if you feel like going for the more up to date quad go with a z400, its slightly harder to work on and the motor is not as strong as a 400ex's motor, but it does have more potential in the long run if your looking to race it, or put it up against 450's.

YFZ450Ridr
09-30-2006, 09:46 PM
i actually have the just came off of a z400 onto my yfz. id have to disagree with yellow400ex in saying the 450s are not designed for woods. everyone told me a yfz was a horrible choice for the woods, and i abosolutely love it for the woods! sits very low and handles great. i can keep mine in 3rd gear for just average riding and use the entire rpm range for about anything. you can lug it around in low rpms but it preforms better in high rpms just because thats the way it was designed.

the z400 i had ran very well with just a new intake setup and a pipe. i wanted more power and performance so i bought myself a 450. i would say the only thing i miss is the soft seat. the 400 ran very well and was about perfect for the woods. i did find tho that my buddy on a 450r could lose me in tighter spots and things that required very quick manuvering. i think that is due to the added weight of the 400 that takes away from the handling. on my yfz i feel that it handles and responds much faster to rider input that the 400 did. overall the the 400 was a great bike, always started. i have ridden a rap 700 and it was very very close in feel and performance to the 400. revved the same, handled the same, and even the suspenion felt the same. the only thing it had more of was torque and lots! not sure on the stock speed, 70? who keeps their bike stock anyway:blah:

Chad W
10-01-2006, 06:23 AM
Go with the one of the 450's if you don't need reverse and are into racing. I wanted reverse and only trail ride (mostly tight woods-seldom getting over 30 mph), so that's why I chose the Z. A few of my friends have the 450's and they can usually just whip them around, but sometimes have to get off and do some grunt work to get them 180'd. If you are considering buying, and you can wait, you might want to give the Kawasaki 450 a look when it comes out.

Turbosixx
10-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys for all the replies! I bought an 07 black Z400. Not looking to race, but was wondering how my bike compared to the rest. For me it's the perfect bike. I looked at the Honda's and wasn't impressed. I know Honda's reliability speakes for itself but I've never known Suzuki to be a bad bike.

YFZ450Ridr
10-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Turbosixx
Thanks guys for all the replies! I bought an 07 black Z400. Not looking to race, but was wondering how my bike compared to the rest. For me it's the perfect bike. I looked at the Honda's and wasn't impressed. I know Honda's reliability speakes for itself but I've never known Suzuki to be a bad bike.

youll be happy you bought the suzuki. my dad bought an 04 last year. i put a uni filter on it and took the airbox lid off then rejetted and it woke it up alot! best mod you can do for 40 bucks. have fun with it:bandit:

xraven35
10-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Put a 13 tooth front sprocket on if you want a lot of low end torque. I'm a woods racer and its perfect for woods. I hardly ever hit 5th gear anyways.

Memox
10-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Around here they got one and it dosent look to good, the speed kind of sucks. Here we ride cross contry desert and dunes. Sincerily it cost tto much for what it offers.

Tri-valleyracin
10-08-2006, 06:51 PM
^^ Are you talking about the z400?

With little mods a z400 can be right with the 450s in a holeshot and hold its own on the track. i know i am and i ride my dads z400 with stage one cams k$n air filter with lid on and a $60 used DG Xccelerator slip on stage one. i was in the holeshot and had goten pushed in to a tire by the winner on the holeshot (full race 450r everything done to it). im vary happy the way my dads z400 runs with the some of the fastest 450's around.in that race i came in 11th out of 20 and i hit the tire and fliped and lost my seat. it has custom spacers up front and stock rear end. 450r front shocks , stock rear.

Tri-valleyracin
10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
i have pitures of me when i lost my seat if any one wants to see just ask. its funny looking!