PDA

View Full Version : not running well

fernc
09-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Hello, This is my first time on here. I have enjoyed this site so I thought I would sign up. Now I have a question and I hope someon can help?? I have a '03 Honda Rancher 4x4 that is not running very well. The 4-wheeler would idle fine in neutral and even when you put it in first gear but, as soon as you gave it gas it would die. So I took it to the shop and they did some carb work and adjusted the valves on it. We brought it home YESTERDAY and it did just fine. Went to get on the bike TODAY (the very next day after it came home from the shop) and it is doing the same exact thing that I took it into the shop for. I need to know if anybody as any idea whats wrong with it. I sure hate to spend another $200.00 on it if it is really something simple. Or they didn't do what they were supposed to do. Thanks

81 clark racing
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM
ID BRING IT BACK TO THEM AN TELL THEM ITS DOING THE SAME THING OBVIOUSLY THEY DIDNT FIX IT. SEEMS LIKE CARB PROBLEMS SOMEWHERE

Aceman
09-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Take it back to the shop. If they take any pride in their service department they will fix it without charging you again.

jcs327
10-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I agree with the other guys. Take it back to the shop. If they value your business then they should fix it. sounds like a carb issue.

krt400ex
10-01-2006, 01:27 PM
definatly a carb problem. but u need to be more specific if u can....

10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
You might have too big of a jet because that's what my 300 did when I had a monster jet in it. Or maybe under jetted. And about 99% of all companies will take it back and fix it for no charge. And if not, raise hell. :devil: