PDA

View Full Version : which one makes more power?

yellow400ex05
09-30-2006, 06:21 PM
I've seen alot of people running uni filters on their 400ex's and I was wondering whhat makes more power out tof the two? and has better filtration a Twin Air or UNI filter? thanks in advance!

ZSNOW
09-30-2006, 06:43 PM
i would say the uni but i am not sure because i run K&N

flauge
09-30-2006, 07:00 PM
I would say the uni also b/c i think its a little bigger than the stock filter, so id figure that it'd be able to breathe in a lil better.
The twin air tho, is said to be a little smaller than stock to increase dead air space around the filter to help breathe better, well thats what the ad said.
Id say that there both about the same in flow and filtration since there both foam but im not 100% sure since ive never ran a twin air. I like my uni too much:cool:

2muchquad
09-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Neither one will make more than the other,both will probably be an improvement over stock though.;)

jcs327
10-01-2006, 11:53 AM
go with a k&N. you won't be disappointed. foam filters are not even in the same ballpark.

2muchquad
10-01-2006, 12:20 PM
go with a k&N. you won't be disappointed. foam filters are not even in the same ballpark.

wtf?:rolleyes:

krt400ex
10-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
wtf?:rolleyes:

he is right.... i have had experience with both. k&n is better

10-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Get a K&N and then get the pre-charger (I think that's what it's called. The elastic wrap you put around the filter). It'll keep most of the dust out.

StuckInTheMud
10-01-2006, 03:42 PM
i would never put a k and n on my r, i run a uni and i love it,when your using a k and n filter, it lets so much dust in.....even with the precharger, now with my uni all i do is keep it cleenm oiled, and a filter wrap around it and i have never had any dust in my intake tube, try doing that with a k and n and by the way, it doesnt block any more airflow then a uni without a cover on it and plus its alot more safer than sucking dirt into your carb and your motor

krt400ex
10-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by StuckInTheMud
i would never put a k and n on my r, i run a uni and i love it,when your using a k and n filter, it lets so much dust in.....even with the precharger, now with my uni all i do is keep it cleenm oiled, and a filter wrap around it and i have never had any dust in my intake tube, try doing that with a k and n and by the way, it doesnt block any more airflow then a uni without a cover on it and plus its alot more safer than sucking dirt into your carb and your motor

i check my intake every time i clean my filter, and i have never had any dirt in it. i clean it alot though, like every thre to five hrs

exrider008
10-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by StuckInTheMud

i agree. i had a k&n on my 400ex and i cleaned it after EVERY ride. it let dirt in an destroyed my engine. :mad: i now run the stock one but i have a UNI on the way:devil:

Twin air filters seem to be very good, my friend runs them on his rm125 and has had no probs

arego
10-02-2006, 12:42 PM
it depends on what your riding in for sand a k&n with outerwears is ok because the sand is bigger than dust particles but in dirt and dust or wet conditions then foam filters are the way to go k&n filters let dust and water through

referance CT racing website faq it will explain more

1fst400
10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
either k&n or uni are fine, but both will ruin your engine if they are not properly maintained. Unlike a stock filter that is super fine/restrictive a uni or any aftermarket filter allows more air throu, but that also equals more dirt. So you oil a aftermarket filer to keep the dirt out. If you dont oil it then all it is going to do is keep rocks out of your intake, anything eltse will pass throu it easily.

I have found that I like the Uni filters better because they are cheeper than K&N.

when I oil a filter I spray it so its dripping wet with the air filter oil. then I put it in the bag that it came in or any zip lock bag. then I squeaze the oil around so it gets in every crevice of the filter. It works way better than just spraying the oil on.