PDA

View Full Version : 04 guyss

SRH
09-30-2006, 04:53 PM
any of you make to almost 07 now on the original crank/rod?

atva_63
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
I put a new crank in mine January of this year. If i wouldn't of already bought my new crank, I would of left the old one in it. I couldn't tell the difference in the two. I don't think the 04 cranks are bad I think they have a bad oiling problem. Get thew oil mod and everything will be fine

MXYFZ59
10-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I have a 04 never opened up the case or anything pull really hard, clutchs are great everything feels good ,but when it gets cold im goin to put the wr kit in it so I can sleep at night.

It feels like I have ran $1000.00 worth of oil threw it but hell it hasnt blown up

Rdogg450
10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
My 04 still has not been tore into all original but i change my oil alot more than i really need to.

parks9
10-04-2006, 01:57 PM
im on my second crank, putn the third piston in it, 3rd set of valves, 2nd cylinder, 2nd cam chain, etc... i got mine august of 03 so...

adam

atva_63
10-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I also got moine Aug of 03 still have original piston and cylinder

Legal250R
10-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I bought my 04 in January of 04. I raced most of the 04 & 05 GNCC races, manyof the 05 Koontz races, trail rode it constantly year round and have 5 XC races on it this year. Although it still ran well, I had the head serviced by Lazarus Sommers (GT Thunder) and installed a new stock cylinder and piston last winter (you never realize how much power you have lost till you ride it again fresh). It is still on the stock crank. I always ran my jetting a little rich and changed the oil and filter after every two races or 10 hours of riding.

All the engine builders I have talked to say that the 04 cranks are good for a year at best before they are apt to grenade without warning. I guess I got a really good crank. This winter I plan to install an 06 crank, a new piston (not sure if using the 06 crank requires use of the 06 piston) and have Duncan perform the oiler modification. I should get another several years out of it with those parts.

SRH
10-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Legal250R
I bought my 04 in January of 04. I raced most of the 04 & 05 GNCC races, manyof the 05 Koontz races, trail rode it constantly year round and have 5 XC races on it this year. Although it still ran well, I had the head serviced by Lazarus Sommers (GT Thunder) and installed a new stock cylinder and piston last winter (you never realize how much power you have lost till you ride it again fresh). It is still on the stock crank. I always ran my jetting a little rich and changed the oil and filter after every two races or 10 hours of riding.

All the engine builders I have talked to say that the 04 cranks are good for a year at best before they are apt to grenade without warning. I guess I got a really good crank. This winter I plan to install an 06 crank, a new piston (not sure if using the 06 crank requires use of the 06 piston) and have Duncan perform the oiler modification. I should get another several years out of it with those parts.

whats duncan charge to put the 06 crank, piston and the oil mod with parts and labor?