PDA

View Full Version : Cam install question

flauge
09-30-2006, 06:17 AM
I just got my magnum stg 2 cam in and the instructions said that u have to take the cam gear flange off the stock cam and press it on the new one..How hard is that to do? Im guessing that you need a hydraulic press dont you??:ermm: I thought they came with a flange already on it, Hotcams do dont they?
I know some of yall are running magnums so fill me in on how this works. Im kinda confused.:confused:
Thanks

flauge
09-30-2006, 06:51 PM
bump ^

fordhondarider
09-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I got a stage 2 hot cam in mine and I didn't have to take anything off the original.Thats pretty crappy:ermm:

flauge
10-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Yea i know. I dont like having to press the old flange on the new cam. The main thing im worried about is that if i press it on and its not aligned properly and not completely flat. Think of what it'll do to the valvetrain..:eek:
I think i might turn around and get a hotcam then.:ermm:

400eXr1d3rZ
10-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Get a Hotcam, the only thing you have to do with a Hotcam is remove the pluger and spring.

wilkin250r
10-01-2006, 06:30 AM
If you are worried about doing it yourself, take it to your local dealership or race shop. Many of them have minimum billing times, like 1/2 hour or so, but if you look around, some of them are willing to waive that for a simple project. I bet you can get it done for less than $20 easily.

Or, send it to C&D. You end up paying more simply because of shipping, but I bet they'd give you a good price, and they'll make sure it's on straight. It's certainly going to be cheaper than buying another new cam.