PDA

View Full Version : cops do they get quads??

kawi_kfx13
09-29-2006, 08:05 PM
ok were u guys live do the cops acauly get 4 wheelers?? around here none have but it seems like in some post peps say they do i dk..im j/w i no its a worthless thread but id really like to no...cuz i thnk a few around here are gona be gettin som cuz they dont like us lol

please no bad replys!

Jblazin98
09-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Ive been a Police Officer for 5 years and I have a quad...

I dont ride as much as i used to, but i still get out every once and a while..

That is the big misconsception among society, we are people too and we like the same stuff as anyone else. We just get a bad rap cause of a few...Im just doing my job when I arrest someone for DUI or write a speeding ticket.

ilpadrino113
09-29-2006, 08:16 PM
i ride in an area north of me in the north country. The area i ride in is 30 MPH speed limit, but the cops ride bayou 250's so noone cares. the cops just sit there and don't bother chasin people. i don't try to be an @ss to em but sometimes they just hide and u gotta just hammer it.

kawi_kfx13
09-29-2006, 08:18 PM
ya i get that ...and i fell bad 4 cops somtimes to cuz som are great and ya they gota do there jobs...i was j/w if they acualy had 4 wheelers with lights and everything to like chase or w.e like they do in a car?? lol i dk

WhiteZrider
09-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Theres rangers on cannondales around here

rebelbuggy
09-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I was confused at first, didnt know if you meant do cops like to ride 4 wheelers when off duty, or as in if they used them to patrol.

I dont see them useing them as a pratrol car but maybe in some redneck towns they might, not where I live at tho.

x.system
09-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Our police department has quads, motorcycles, boats, hovercraft and even an ultralite. We have alot of trail systems and lakes so I can see why they need them. The ultralite is the newest addition, all stealthy looking. They try to keep that hidden but I saw it when they first got it.

rebelbuggy
09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by x.system
Our police department has quads, motorcycles, boats, hovercraft and even an ultralite. We have alot of trail systems and lakes so I can see why they need them. The ultralite is the newest addition, all stealthy looking. They try to keep that hidden but I saw it when they first got it.

WOW, yall have it all, If I ever come there I will have to remember not to break the law LOL... they got you covered from all areas.

we only have cars and Suv's and well Helicoptors for them finding drugs and stuff..

the city in the county over ride motercycles, dont think we have any in my county.

roundsy
09-30-2006, 08:27 AM
earlier in the summer there were two yamaha kodiaks that had lights and and police decals with officers on patrol driving them, in the trails, i never saw them but most of my friends had run-ins with them

JJ69
09-30-2006, 09:11 AM
where i live there is a trail patrol thing, not actual cops, but citizens on patrol... sometimes there are cops with them but usually they just check registrations and stuff.

NorCalRacer
09-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
Theres rangers on cannondales around here

Don't try outrunnng them...:blah:

redracing88
09-30-2006, 09:40 AM
WhiteZrider

yeh i was riding with WhiteZrider a couple weeks ago and i remeber his pops telling me about them. sounds nasty

troutman561
09-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Around here the cops have quads.. mostly utilities tho.... what I dont get is the trailer we are supposedly "destroying", they ride on every day just as we would patrolling.. doesn't make sense but I understand they are doin their jobs and respect that anyways..