PDA

View Full Version : This site's speed

TOPDAWG
09-29-2006, 06:00 PM
I would like to say that for a forum with this much traffic...it FLYS!

What host do you people use?

TOPDAWG
10-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Harlen?

Admin
10-10-2006, 09:19 PM
The forum is hosted on several different servers actually with the images loading from two different servers, and the forum on another server with two harddrives with database on one harddrive and the forum attachments on another harddrive.

Also, I have the server on a backbone to the Internet which cost $$$$ per month, but the results are well worth extra expense.

In total, I use 4 different hosting companies to serve everything on ATVriders.com. I am a big fan on load balancing and backup plans incase of a single server failure.

Also, if all goes as planned, I will be building a mega server in January and upgrading the forum and adding several new sections to the site.

krt400ex
11-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Admin
The forum is hosted on several different servers actually with the images loading from two different servers, and the forum on another server with two harddrives with database on one harddrive and the forum attachments on another harddrive.

Also, I have the server on a backbone to the Internet which cost $$$$ per month, but the results are well worth extra expense.

In total, I use 4 different hosting companies to serve everything on ATVriders.com. I am a big fan on load balancing and backup plans incase of a single server failure.

Also, if all goes as planned, I will be building a mega server in January and upgrading the forum and adding several new sections to the site.

nice