PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Wheels 07 yfz450 review

PismoLocal
09-29-2006, 12:19 PM
So I just recieved the November issue of Dirt Wheels and I was pretty excited to see that they built a 90mph can-am 800 and the test on the street quad looked like it could be interesting, but the first article I read was the review of the 07 yfz 450. Man this article sucks when you get your dirt wheels don't even bother reading the article. It's probably some of the worst writing I have ever read in a national mgazine not to mention that all of there facts are completely mixed up.

Here is on of the more ridiculous quotes from the article-
"by simply re-jetting and adding a slip-on exhaust system, the yfz motor will produce nearly 50 horsepower. In stock trim, the yfz puts out about 38hp." So there saying that a slip on pipe and a re-jet is going to give them 12hp.:rolleyes:

One of the upgrades they recommend for the 07 is the Scary Fast Power Now Valve for the 07 yfz. They claim "Power Now units are NEEDED and available for all yfz450's from 2004-2007."Ya I heard all the pro's running yfz's at nationals have a Scary Fast Power Now Valve in there carb.:huh

When I saw the last thread about DW I was surprised at how much every one ragged on them but they really let me down this month and now I have jumped on the anti-DW band wagon. Did any one else notice how much this last issue sucked???

Titanium
09-29-2006, 12:51 PM
I've been noticing this in the last few issues... its a shame:ermm:

RaptorRacer45
09-29-2006, 12:53 PM
its still a magizine i always enjoy lookin through.....spelling errors and crap just dont get 2 me, i just like pickin em out, its ATV Related and it keeps me entertained in school and around the house.......Still good enough for me:D

MX450
09-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I subscribe to ATV Sport, I bought a dirt wheels one time to check it out, i thought it looked alot thicker than ATV sport, then i opened it up and realized they just have more advertisements:rolleyes:

I like ATV Sports articles better too. The new Quad Magazine has good ones as well, plus they have cool pull out posters.

PismoLocal
09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
In the last Rag on Dirt Wheels thread I remember some one saying that dirt wheels is only good for its pictures and seriously thats what it has come down to. I really don't notice all that many spelling errors its more sentence structure, grammar, and the style of writing. They write it like the magazine is for elementary school kids. I do like to scan the pages, and look at the pictures but after my year subsciptions up I'm switching to a different magazine.

CannondaleRider
09-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Yamaha will always "win" in these "shootouts" by a
"longshot", because Yamaha gives them tons of money for adds.

Never believe magazines, unless they are by a private company without big sponsors such as Yamaha.

Thats why I used to really like QUAD, at first they were unbiased, now they are payed off by Yamaha like everyone else.

Pathetic really:rolleyes:

Punk'd
09-29-2006, 02:02 PM
TO he** with dirtwheels if you ask me... The only thing there good for is parts and fire starters.

pistonbone
09-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Is ATV Sport still around? I haven't seen one in a long time on the shelves.
Anyways, I used to read DW a lot and had a few years worth of subscriptions. One of my first issues had a review on an early 90s Blaster. Sometime around the year 2000 they had a review on the newest Blaster, it sure sounded familiar so I dug through my old mags and found the first Blaster review... almost word for word and atleast 6 years difference. I wrote them and told them how I felt but of course they didn't put it in the mag or reply back. I've read about 3 or 4 of them since.

F-16Guy
09-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I agree completely. I find errors in their facts all the time, and I can tell when a manufacturer gives them big $$$ to promote something. They are pushing that stupid Power Now thing everywhere in the last couple of issues. Read the Rhino article, and you'll see what I mean. Corporate sell-outs..... :cuss:

exrider008
09-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
"by simply re-jetting and adding a slip-on exhaust system, the yfz motor will produce nearly 50 horsepower. In stock trim, the yfz puts out about 38hp." So there saying that a slip on pipe and a re-jet is going to give them 12hp.:rolleyes:

LMAO when i read that i was like u have got to be kidding me:huh that was the dumbest thing i have ever read in that mag. they used to be a really good mag but they r starting to suck. i think im going to switch to ATV sport.:(

BlasterEaten250
09-29-2006, 05:07 PM
am I the only one that got a polaris dvd with the last issue? I like looking at dirtwheels, I just wish the articles where more interesting.

CannondaleRider
09-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
am I the only one that got a polaris dvd with the last issue? I like looking at dirtwheels, I just wish the articles where more interesting.

That was QUAD I think

krt400ex
09-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal

One of the upgrades they recommend for the 07 is the Scary Fast Power Now Valve for the 07 yfz. They claim "Power Now units are NEEDED and available for all yfz450's from 2004-2007."Ya I heard all the pro's running yfz's at nationals have a Scary Fast Power Now Valve in there carb.:huh

i have to agree there, they also said that a slipon will give u 10-15 more horses :huh . that is wrong. not true. i still like the magazine anyway. but ya, that was a mixed up article, and then they said in the can am article that the stock yfz will do 80mph:eek2: . that is wrong too. it will do like 73-75.

krt400ex
09-29-2006, 06:05 PM

i got it too, and my cousin got it

krt400ex
09-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
LMAO when i read that i was like u have got to be kidding me:huh that was the dumbest thing i have ever read in that mag. they used to be a really good mag but they r starting to suck. i think im going to switch to ATV sport.:(

don't get atv action though, they r worse than that article

mx1791
09-29-2006, 06:12 PM

i was wondering wut that was, theres one on my friends kitchen table, lol. but yea, dirtwheels kinda sucks, but its still something to kill time and look at pictures, i like looking through the old issues though, there pretty good

exrider008
09-29-2006, 06:46 PM

nope, i got it to and is was so dumb. they said that the outlaw will handle better then a solid axle quad because of its indipendent suspention:huh

krt400ex
09-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by exrider008
nope, i got it to and is was so dumb. they said that the outlaw will handle better then a solid axle quad because of its indipendent suspention:huh

ya, but i think they were quoting one of polaris' top engineers when they said that and it would only make sense for someone from polaris to say that...

but u know, i also just remembered that they said that the yfz is as fast or faster than the ltr around the track with just a set of 18's in the rear....:huh . that won't happen. the ltr is 3in wider