PDA

View Full Version : Am i asking too much

pharit
09-29-2006, 10:39 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252265

Hey guys please let me know if you think this price is ridiculous or not. I have had no luck trying to sell this Quad on this site and about to throw it up on e-bay maybe it'll get more views there or something. I thought it would sell rather quickly but hell no.....

Am i asking to much?

rebelbuggy
09-29-2006, 10:53 AM
$3500.00 for a bike thats 18 yrs old since its about to be 2007 thats what most folks are looking at. At least I know I would.
You can buy a 2002-2006 model for not much more maybe $6,000.

Dont get me wrong thats a heck of a nice looking bike you have, sounds liek it will scream.

I know people say the same thing to me as im trying to sell a 69 F-100 for 1,000 and people think its only worth $500 or so but I have that much in a brand new winsheild and radiator, its hard to sell anything to anyone these days .
Good luck with your sell.

09-29-2006, 10:56 AM
that R will go for around 3 grand...but the price of Rs has gone down...you can get a pure aftermarket R (including the frame) for just a grand more then your asking price... that is a very nice R but it wold sell for 3500, i would drop the price to 3200 and go from there.... nice quad bro!

wilkin250r
09-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately, yes, your price is a little high. It's a nice looking quad for sure, but you have to look at what you are competing against. Lots of people are selling 250Rs with fully aftermarket suspension on them for the same price.

You've got a decent motor, and that drives the price up, but it's really tough to get over $3000 for anything riding on stock suspension all around.

juanki
09-29-2006, 12:37 PM
i've seen this many times, i think that the best way to go is by parting out, there are a lot of people builing hybrids, so that migth help. just m.o.

Aceman
09-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by pharit

Am i asking to much? [/B]

Yes.

I would also suggest about a 3k price tag. I bought mine back in March fully aftermarket for 3900. Just curious, did you buy that from FlattrackR a few months back? I was considering buying that until I found my current R.

250Renvy
09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey Pharit, I think I enquired about this a while ago? How long has it been for sale?

I don't think you are asking too much even though it's true that you can buy a complete aftermarket 250R for 4-5k and used 04 450's are going for 4k. It all depends on how fast you need the money. If you want to get your price, I think you will, you just have to be patient.
I've learned over the years that everything sells (eventually) If you are hard up, put it up on ebay or the trader and you'll get $3000

You have the original seat and honda plastic so somebody will be looking for that. I would have bought it last summer if you were closer.

iamjasyn
09-30-2006, 09:01 PM
yea, I agree with 250envy. Original seats are hard to find and people out there like original stuff. Seems the ones that are hte most original are the ones going for 6K+ these days. If I were you honestly, unless you were hurting for cash would be to keep it! It's going to get harder and harder to find nice 250R's and after your 4stroke costs you thousands in mods and rebuilds you may wish you had a reliable 2stroke again.

wilkin250r
10-01-2006, 06:25 AM
I would have to disagree with both jasyn and 250Renvy.

If your quad is COMPLETELY original, and in immaculate condition like is just came off the showroom floor, then it becomes a collectors item and worth a pretty penny.

However, yours certainly does not look like it came off the showroom floor. The frame might be mechanically sound, but it's got scuffs and marks, new bumper, and motor mods. It definitely does not fit the description of "collector's item".

As such, I don't think the original plastics and original seat are going to add significantly to the value.

bananas
10-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Pricing on TRX250R have come way down in the last year... Too many people picking up 450's of some kind. I sold one for $1800.00 it was worth all of $2500. but times have changed. If you cut it up you will get more but time and shipping worth it. good luck... Go with ebay you will get more...

iamjasyn
10-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Keep it.

atvmxr
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
to me having the 88 red plastic is worth some $$ most people take that off and use the 89 white fenders. At least that is what the guy that owned my R did before I bought it. I would rather had that red plastic.:D