PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want a Gt thunder ported top end?

A A R O N
09-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I put my motor on ebay and nobody bid past $500, and I need at least $650 out of it, so I was thinking about selling different things individually.

SO..........does anybody want a gt thunder ported stock cylinder with a wiseco piston to match? There's probably around 20 hours on everything and it runs good right now.

Just curious what you guys would pay...

2StrokeGod
09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
PM me your rock bottom price.

A A R O N
09-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't have one right now. I've never seen a stock ported cylinder for sale, only aftermarket ones, so I don't know what to ask. I guess just pm me an offer.

Oh, it's a stage 3 agressive port job.....mx.

Aughtx
09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2StrokeGod
PM me your rock bottom price. [/QUOTE

Nobody has a rock bottom price that they are going to throw out there. He said he needs at least $650 so that is his rock bottom price. So now PM him with $625 or $600 or whatever. He will take it or he wont. Or he will if it doesnt sell over time. Sorry just in a pissy mood. But you arent gonna get a deal if you dont deal.

2StrokeGod
09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Aughtx
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2StrokeGod
PM me your rock bottom price. [/QUOTE

Nobody has a rock bottom price that they are going to throw out there. He said he needs at least $650 so that is his rock bottom price. So now PM him with $625 or $600 or whatever. He will take it or he wont. Or he will if it doesnt sell over time. Sorry just in a pissy mood. But you arent gonna get a deal if you dont deal.
What are ya his mother?

A A R O N
09-28-2006, 08:52 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

$650 is what I need from the WHOLE MOTOR, not the top end.

Aughtx
09-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 2StrokeGod
What are ya his mother?

I figured I would get a smart ***** reply. I just hate getting that stupid ***** question asked to me. He can deal how he wants but if he is asking one price I doubt he is going to throw out a low ball just to satisfy you.

wilkin250r
09-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Aughtx
I figured I would get a smart ***** reply.

Of course you are going to get a smart ***** reply, you just jumped all over him.

This thread had better get back on track, or it's getting closed.

When I say "back on track", I mean it. I don't want excuses, last shots, I don't even want apologies. Back on track.

So, back on track, what bore is it on? What year cylinder? Has the head been modified, or does it come with an aftermarket head? Can you give us details on an "aggressive" port. I'm not familiar with GT Thunder's definitions, is it a mid-range or high-rev?

Tom TRX250R
09-29-2006, 12:03 AM
I would also be interested in it if I heard more details on the cylinder. Bore? Style of porting more descriptive and a few pics would be great. My buddy is looking into porting his but if it is reasonable priced I'll tell him to look at yours.

~comments edited by wilkin250r

I said back on track, that includes those that weren't involved in the original quarrel. Aughtx, I don't want to see any replies to his comments. :mad:

250r4life
09-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Tom TRX250R

~comments edited by wilkin250r

I said back on track, that includes those that weren't involved in the original quarrel. Aughtx, I don't want to see any replies to his comments. :mad:

ha ha ha ha... i didnt see what he had written, but thats too funny anyway that wilkin wrote over it... :D

wilkin250r
09-29-2006, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
ha ha ha ha... i didnt see what he had written, but thats too funny anyway that wilkin wrote over it... :D

I'll let stupid stuff go on in the Open Forum, because that's what it's for. But the tech sections are for exactly that, technical information. I don't tolerate BS in the tech sections.

This thread is on thin ice as it is, because it belongs in the Classified sections. Long ago I said I would delete all forsale threads, but I haven't been able to enforce it strictly, so I'm letting it slide.

But read my lips, people. No BS in the tech sections, that includes replies, people just defending themselves, and other people jumping in for support. I don't care who starts it, I don't even want apologies after the fact. You want to apologize, send me a PM.

A A R O N
09-29-2006, 05:38 AM
To my understanding, GT thunder stopped doing 2-stroke engines, but if you call laz up he could probably explain the port better. I can get pictures of the cylinder a little later on. I did not have it ported, so i'm going on what the previous owner personally told me. The side of the cylinder indicates a "stage 3" port job, and it was done for ryan (neighbor) who raced mx. I don't know ExAcTLY where the power is put, but it pulled very well the whole way across the board. It i also on .040 over.

mjmisek
09-29-2006, 07:01 AM
What was your auction # for the motor on Ebay? How long ago was that?

A A R O N
09-29-2006, 07:19 AM
I don't have the auction number off hand, but it ended 4 days ago and didn't sell. Why do you ask?

250R-Dee
09-29-2006, 07:24 AM
If you had pics on the auction we can view them.

A A R O N
09-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
If you had pics on the auction we can view them.

I see.......I think there was only one close up of the cylinder though and it doesn't show it very well....also, I didn't put any of inside the cylinder on the auction.....but here's the number anyway: 140031276528

So, lets hear some numbers....Not necessarily offers, but at least whay you guys think I could get for it so I know if it's even worth it to separate things.