PDA

View Full Version : '06 TRX450ER HC2 and E2

sandmanblue
09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Here they are. 47.5 hp and 32.5 lb-ft. Easy hp on this motor. Pump gas too. HRC headpipe and E2 run with the race endcap.

sandmanblue
09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
and the torque graph...

sandmanblue
09-28-2006, 03:55 PM
and one with the quiet core - that's the lower line on the torque graph above...

04-15-2007, 12:15 PM
so this is an 06 with just the hrc head pipe and end cap? If so then wow!

GPracer2500
04-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by #101
so this is an 06 with just the hrc head pipe and end cap? If so then wow!

It's got a Hotcams stg 2 (HC2).

Sandmanblue--how much quiter is the quite core? I know it's hard to describe that kind of thing, but is it a pretty noticable difference? Which core are you going to run?

Thanks for sharing!

250r4life
04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Man Sandman... you had a pretty eventfull season didnt you... looks like you opened up your motor for upgrades 3 times in one season, and had it dynoed just as many...

you know if you woulda got the yfz you wouldnt have been getting beat so often and wouldnt have had to upgrade so many times ;) lol... sorry- i couldnt resist :devil:

sandmanblue
04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
There's a big sound difference with the quiet core installed. I think WB says 96 dB with the quiet in and it is definitely more tolerable for trail riding. They did a good job on this pipe.

250r4life - you're a funny guy. It's been on the dyno twice - once after just a basic build that's in this thread and the second time was the 477 which blew up because of going to a 99mm bore on the stock cylinder - or the ppl that bored it were having a "hangover day" and screwed my cylinder up, thus allowing the skirt to fly off and into the bottom end. It would still be together as a 477 if I had the choice. It absolutely ripped.

But, since I have to build it back up, there's no sense in doing what I did before. It's gonna be bigger, just because I can. And if I had bought a yfz, I would have done the same things to it too.

250r4life
04-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by sandmanblue

250r4life - you're a funny guy. It's been on the dyno twice - once after just a basic build that's in this thread and the second time was the 477 which blew up because of going to a 99mm bore on the stock cylinder - or the ppl that bored it were having a "hangover day" and screwed my cylinder up, thus allowing the skirt to fly off and into the bottom end. It would still be together as a 477 if I had the choice. It absolutely ripped.

But, since I have to build it back up, there's no sense in doing what I did before. It's gonna be bigger, just because I can. And if I had bought a yfz, I would have done the same things to it too.

i couldnt resist man- im just giving you a hard time... ;)

yah- but i was assuming you would have a new dyno print off when your new engine is built also...

who'd you have bore it?

sandmanblue
04-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i couldnt resist man- im just giving you a hard time... ;)

yah- but i was assuming you would have a new dyno print off when your new engine is built also...

who'd you have bore it?

The new build is based of an Ice Cube 100mm cylinder and a stroker. No boring of stock cylinders for me anymore. That's what toasted my 477.

250r4life
04-27-2007, 01:42 PM
The new build is based of an Ice Cube 100mm cylinder and a stroker. No boring of stock cylinders for me anymore. That's what toasted my 477.

thats what i was asking- who bored and messed up your stock cylinder?

250r4life
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM

sandmanblue
05-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life

The actual boring/replating was done by Millenium Technologies. I can't say that they are responsible for the skirt breaking.

CP, JE and Wiseco all say to stay at 98mm max on a stock cylinder. There have been several very successful 99mm/477cc builds with the stock cylinder, that's why I went that way at first. There are a few possible things that could have happened, but that doesn't matter now. I'm not into who to blame. I'm interested in how to avoid breaking now! :)