PDA

View Full Version : trx 250r stator question please help

Hondarluvr
09-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I just bought a motor for my project R and it didnt include the stator it has a flywheel but no stator. I was wondering if it is worth it to spend the money for an aftermarket or cr250 stator or at least a new honda stator or would I be ok to perhaps try to find one used from ebay or one of these forums? what model/year should I look for? what should I look for in a used stator if anything? any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks - Josh

2muchquad
09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
you can pick up a used one off ebay pretty cheap.You can buy the kits for the cr 250 system which includes the lighter flywheel,stator and cdi etc but it can get pricey.Esr wants $500 but you can piece together the setup from used parts for about a third of that price.Its really simple;)

svahle
09-29-2006, 02:25 PM
My last R had the CR250 ignition and it was great. If money is not the problem I believe the CR250 ignition is a very nice mod. The down side is I could not run lights. If you want lights, I would go ahead and run a stock ignition and stator. If you want lots of lights, get a 200W Ricky Stator.

As for a used stator, I have never had a problem with a stock one. Some people run lights that draw too many watts and it can be hard on the stator and ultimately burn it up. If you can get one from a reliable source I say give it a whirl.

Just my .02. Good luck!

QuadRacer041
09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
i have a brand new never used stator and fly wheel for sale in the honda parts for sale section.

Hondarluvr
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Should I buy a cr ignition ( would prob try to find from ebay can really spend $600 for a cr setup from esr at least not right now) or would it be better to get the ricky stator and the lightened flywheel kit they sell for $250 I believe the flywheel is 200 grams lighter in the kit any ideas how much lighter the cr flywheel is over stock trx? Thanks for the input!!!- Josh