PDA

View Full Version : Help.

ZeroLogic
09-28-2006, 02:42 PM
I purchased the z5300 speakers from logitech. The rear satilites' wires are to short. Is there extension that I can purchase from a store?

Scro
09-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Go to Radioshack and tell them you want some wire (12 or 14 gauge probably), some butt connectors, and a wire crimper if you don't already have one. Strip the wire down, and connect the new wire with connectors. Simple as that:D

250ex13
09-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I purchased the z5300 speakers from logitech. The rear satilites' wires are to short. Is there extension that I can purchase from a store? Weren't you banned from this username?

ZeroLogic
09-28-2006, 04:12 PM
I'd rather not stip the wires and crimp new ends to them, I was hopeing for a wire that I can just plug into the one end of the wire and into the sub. Know what I mean?

And no, I wasn't banned from this name. I made a new one.

Scro
09-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I'd rather not stip the wires and crimp new ends to them, I was hopeing for a wire that I can just plug into the one end of the wire and into the sub. Know what I mean?

And no, I wasn't banned from this name. I made a new one.

I don't think they make anything like that. If you don't want to use butt connectors, then you will just have to buy new wire that is long enough.

If you are worried about sound quality, the connectors are not going to take away from that.

ZeroLogic
09-29-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm not worried about the sound quality. I just don't want to F it up and be left with 150 dollar dust collectors. I'll see what Radio Shack has to come up with it next time I'm near em.

PolarisRider06
09-29-2006, 02:59 PM
is it RCA wires? if so there are plug ins available so that you can connect two different sets of RCA's together to make up for any distance you need

Scro
09-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06
is it RCA wires? if so there are plug ins available so that you can connect two different sets of RCA's together to make up for any distance you need

Yeah, I didn't think about them being RCA's. Radioshack or Wal-mart will have the connector with two female ends.

ZeroLogic
09-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Not sure. I think they look like RCA wires from searches on Go0gle. But each speaker has one wire comming from it if this helps.