PDA

View Full Version : carb on a 250 atv

asmund
09-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi, is there any significant difference in carbs for twostrokes vs fourstrokes. I want to try a koso 28mm d-slide carb on my e-ton vector 250, but this carb is mostly used on hopped up mopeds and scooters so I wonder if there is any reason why it couldn`t be used on my atv as long as it is jetted properly?? my atv have a stock 23mm keihin ptg carb and the intake is 26mm(it is the same engine as the bombardier ds 250)

asmund
09-28-2006, 01:27 PM
one more thing, I don`t know if my stock carb even have an accelerator pump. There is no vacuum hose going to the carb and the throttle cable is only connected to the piston in the carb and there is a cable working the choke. I can`t see how there can be an acc pump on this carb as nothing powers it. It is the same engine and chassis as the bombardier ds 250 which is propably more familiar than my e-ton vector so does anyone know what carb I have. If all I loose with a carb without acc pump is some bottom end grunt it is no big deal as I only ride on roads and use my atv for transport to work. I have done a search on this topic but some say it will not work(because of the lack of acc pump) and others say it will work with some jetting work. What gives????

2muchquad
09-29-2006, 06:25 AM
The acc pump isnt a necessity but is the research to run this carb worth the effort?What are you looking to gain?Is that a koso carb or keihin pwk series d slide?

asmund
09-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi, thanks for your reply.It is the koso d-slide 28mm I`m thinking to try.I have no idea what to expect powervice, but I`m hoping to get stronger acceleration as the stock carb is only 23mm and the intake is 26mm. Don`t you think it will be worth the effort? It doesn`t take more than a couple of hours to install the carb and finding the proper jet and needle height doesn`t take long either. The koso is quite cheap and it works great on my yamaha aerox, so I want to try another one on my atv. What do you think of this?? do you know if my stock carb even have an acc pump??? (it is the same as on the bombardier ds 250)

2muchquad
09-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Go ahead and try it,you never know.Im not sure what your stock carb has,the bombardier 250 is actually made by some chinese company so its not really a can am product.